Florida AllStars race #4 jasper 1/4 point national April 26th

Taft Racing

OK guys this being our rescheduled 1/4 point event. Gates open at 7:00 am Saturday morning. This will be a day race were squeezing in on the memorial race. See Wade or myself to sign up for the AllStars . . thanks Hoppy for trying to help with posting incorrect info LOL. Hope every one can make it. I'll have UAS forms for any of those who chose to get in on the national UAS Championship score board.

OK guys this being our rescheduled 1/4 point event.
Which race was re-scheduled.
Taft Racing said:
This will be a day race were squeezing in on the memorial race.
What is the "squeezing in on the memorial race" mean?
Taft Racing said:
thanks Hoppy for trying to help with posting incorrect info
We all are more than happy, that Hoppy, a combination of businessman, and active racer, has contracted to manage the Fruitland Park Speedway. Nothing but good has come, and IS coming from his management team.
Add to that, Hoppy has had podium finishes, in his last two FAS races, and you have a really good mix of racer and independent businessman.
.......PD Power......... (also an independent businessman/racer since 1960);)

Um PD you miss your scheduled medication? First off the original schedule had the Ruser memorial event March 29th. It rained out. So Hoppy rescheduled the memorial race May 31st. This was the only day they could get the transponders. Since I had our 2nd 1/4 point race scheduled for May 24th the week before I had to reschedule the Jasper race to April 26th. This day was originally scheduled as a special event coinciding bike week at Fruitland. And putting both our 1/4 point races back to back was out.
Now as for being squeezed in at Jasper. Crossroads already scheduled the days event with another series. So we'll be racing SQEEZED in between a whole other program not designed for us. We'll do our best to not negatively effect their program.
Hope this helps Pual. You see administrating a year long series has allot more investment of time and energy than you clearly understand. Laying out a schedule then having to make adjustments phone calls announcements .

Having time on your hands is great I hope your enjoying your retirement.
As for Hoppy I busted his cahones if you'll notice the LOL after my comments twords his assistance.

Now if you have no further questions.

All you need to do Taft is explain the issues you bring up, in a comprehendible manner. Your frail attempts at put downs, and sarcasm aimed my way, do nothing to enhance your standing as a "administrator".
Actually such responses diminish you, and make you look petty.....which you are.

I understand that spelling and sentence structure is a challenge for you, but try this: The first statements of any post need to consist of the 4, or even 5 W's, and an H.
These are "Who, What,When,Where,Why and How. This mess of a first sentence in your original post here:
Taft said:
OK guys this being our rescheduled 1/4 point event. Gates open at 7:00 am Saturday morning. This will be a day race were squeezing in on the memorial race.
Try this instead: "Attention UAS participants. (Who) The rained out (Why)1/4 points meet originally scheduled to be run at Fruitland Park (What) is now rescheduled to be run at Jasper (Where) on April 26th." (When)
The "H" ...how...is not needed in this paragraph.

Oh, and drop the cracks at Hoppy and/or myself, as they are neither clever, witty or original. Stick to message.

This sentence structure is taught in 9th grade journalism....and English classes.
Send me your postings, before posting them, and I'll correct and make sense of them, and send them back to you. Then you can put them on the forum for all the world to see.

I am working on bringing a regular Flat Track Motorcycle Racing program to Speedway Park on the 2nd and 4th Saturday's of each month. Not sure yet if I am racing Jasper. I have offered to host a race this weekend and if they take me up on it then I won't be racing. I will know more tomorrow.

Hoppy

That's OK Hoppy its a huge undertaking to try and develop these programs. With 2 drops you'll still be in contention for the championship. There's gonna be a heck of a race at Jasper Alderman has the place figured out. Shreifels Nicosia will no doubt try and dethrone him. The write up on this one should be full of action. See you next time.

So the plain is to tell the people at the gate that we're with FAS, and to come find you (Tim) to sign up? You have any idea yet on where they will be "squeezing" us in?

i wont be hard to find. And as soon as I get there I'll get with Wade on our line up practice times number of heat races, number of laps both heat and feature. all the questions you guys love asking LOL.

Get with me or Wade on sign up, we'll handle the rest. Thanks.

Yes sir Jack Old guys rule, write up coming up asap. Barb got some good photos yet again, there is also a vidoe I'l track down, For sure this was a barn burner, these guys put on a show.

The Florida Unlimiteds race was clean from start to finish.....really no controversy at all.
Eddie did what Eddie does. Jumped right off the pole to the lead drove it fast for 20 laps.....and the two closest guys behind him were never able to run him down.
Behind him, seems like the entire race, were Victor(39)Peters.....with his dual engined K75. Right in his shadow was Mike Nicosia (37) in Jack Burroughs Sudam power kart.

Toward the last part of the straights, it seemed that Victor's dually got lots of air and really ran up on Eddie's back side. Eddie slid thru the turns so well, and was able to pick up
the throttle early, and pulled away, as the track opened up coming off the turn. And so it went. It was very obvious that the 39 and 37 karts needed Eddie (80) to slip up just a little bit
and they would freight train him. Eddie, being Eddie, did not slip up.....and held his lead all the way to the checkers.

The sole 4 cycle, a 390 Honda,(#2)was a rocket down the straights, but couldn't get the thing around the corners, without lots of slippin' anda' slidin'. Late in the race he just went ahead and
parked it. He correctly perceived no reason to continue, and possibly upset the race. Good judgement call there.

Collectively, it was a really nice race, well worth the 6 hour round trip just to spectate.

The $15 gate fee, was a bit over the top, given the fact that the only karts run, were the unlimiteds (superb) and a alphabet soup of clones....which as a
whole, sound like a group of sewing machines racing.....and just as interesting.
Classes consisting of 1 kart, 2 karts, 3 karts ran the full 20 lap features. I guess it never occurred to the officials to run the classes together, and give the
winner of each class, altho run together, his feature win.

The facility was nice and clean, the concession had a nice variety of food, reasonably priced, and the entire place had fresh red paint on it, which
really enhanced the appearance.....and very much made it look like a race facility.

Overall, a nice day at the race track!! ;) .......PD

Back