Flywheel

CDRACING

Whats the best flywheel for AKRA Clone for short high bite track such as Du Quoin and Liberty? Aluminum (ARC, PVL, Racseng) or steel for momentum

Yes the PVL is $30-40 cheaper than a ARC Billet flywheel, but then again we are comparing cast aluminum to actual solid core Billet Aluminum. Also for that extra money you get a flywheel that comes with un-matched support from the factory that makes each and every one with over 75 years of combined manufacturing and engine building experience...

used both...the PVL may have a place in racing, but you can't sneeze when your working with it or you will break the fins off. the ARC has some "meaty" fins that will suffer a lot more abuse before you have to worry about it!

Yes the PVL is $30-40 cheaper than a ARC Billet flywheel, but then again we are comparing cast aluminum to actual solid core Billet Aluminum. Also for that extra money you get a flywheel that comes with un-matched support from the factory that makes each and every one with over 75 years of combined manufacturing and engine building experience...

"UN-questionably True" !!!!!!!!

used both...the PVL may have a place in racing, but you can't sneeze when your working with it or you will break the fins off. the ARC has some "meaty" fins that will suffer a lot more abuse before you have to worry about it!

There's truth in that Mikey, but....'I' will still go w/a $60 f/w on a $100 motor....(freedom of choice and spread the wealth) :)

i dont understand this... why in gods green earth would flywheel fins ever take abuse??? i certainly dont run my motor without a shroud. i dont get the guys that sit there and complain about flywheel fins breaking.. what are you using?? a damn belt or screwdriver to hold them??? use the proper tools for the job and you wont have an issue with any flywheel.. the PVL is the best bang for your buck.. PERIOD!!! have yet to see and issue with a PVL....

Back