Forum PM help, please

CarlsonMotorsports

Site Supporter
Quick question that hopefully someone can help with.

On the old forums, when you were PMing someone back and forth, both parties involved in the discussion's replies were nested in the PM thread display.

Now, I get a new PM thread with each response.
I am sure this is a preference setting -- but for the life of me, I haven't found where you can change this preference. I liked the nesting of replies when discussing something with a particular user - sure keeps things straighter in my feeble mind anyhow. :)

Thanks in advance!
Brian

There is a 'Reply With Quote' button in the bottom right of their PM message. Don't go directly to the quick reply box that is supplied.

Attachments

• PM.jpg
    PM.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 20
Thanks. I was hoping that I could change it in settings, but this will work -- just got to remember to click it before I start typing my reply. :)

Thanks again!
Brian

Just found a 'Message History' button that's actually be more helpful because it doesn't rely on the other person to use the 'Reply With Quote' also. I'm with you on this one. It's bothered me too.

Attachments

• PM2.jpg
    PM2.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 20
Amazing what your eyes don't catch when you're just so used to doing something a particular way.

Thanks again!

Blessings,
Brian Carlson

Ok, so IS there a way to change your settings to automatically nest replies in the message?

Seems I'm not the only one who hasn't got this figured out yet.
It sure makes the discussion disjointed and confusing if one of the users doesn't click on the "reply with quote" each time.

On the old forums, it automatically nested the replies into the discussion - I was just wondering if there is a setting to make it this way on the new site.

Back