FT WAYNE , What tires ?

Bobby Sirois

First year at the Indoor Race and don't have any idea where to start with tires in JR1 class . I know I have to run Burris and I know the track changes every practice and heat . I don't have anybody to confide in with a setup. Please help !

Most folks run 33s and a really hard left rear. Coke syrup racing is dangerous. Get as much left side weight as possible. Take extra spindles, nerf bars and possibly extra kart.

Don't believe they are having a Jr 1 class. If you need any help you can private message me on here and I will help all I can.

You don't want as much left as possible. Quick way around the track is to get away with as little left as possible. But depending on how the track gets be prepared to add left.
Find some old ss33. You don't want anything that has been softened. you don't want corded LR. Your LF you want cords showing. Fort Wayne gets a ton of rubber build up and at times you might be able to use 55s. There's actually an outside groove there where the midgets don't lay down a lot of rubber, you need to bring the outside tires there. And OfCourse a good indoor prep to keep your tires from sticking to the rubber on the track. If you need help pm me.

Coke Syrup is no more dangerous than any other racing. I've had 2 kids racing indoors since 2008 from purple plate through unrestricted and I've only replaced a handful of parts. They wreck more stuff at local tracks, with the wanna be fast peeps that can't drive.
Fort Wayne is fast because of the size, but get the setup close WITHOUT a ton of left side weight which causes more problems than good and you'll be fine. Biggest thing is seat time, get the kid on the track as much as possible.

Back