Fuel Filter question

MaxxT Out

If I have a fuel filter from the fuel tank to the fuel pump do I also need a fuel filter from the pump to the carb??? Clone motor... Thanks for any info...

Some run another after the pump just for added insurance, but if there is a filter between the tank and pump, you'll rarely have an issue if you change it properly.

An engine builder told me they had " fuel starvation" problems until they moved the filter between the pump and the carb. It made sense to me. He said the filter acts like a small fuel reservoir.

The little filter you sometimes see between the pump and carb is there for a completely different reason than most people would think. Any of you ever been at the big races where some teams will completely tarp off their pit area where people can't see in? Only takes a minute to pop the line off that small filter and put some hot fuel in it for qualifying, so by the time they get to the fuel test after qualifying, the fuel in the tank is legal so It passes the test, but they still had an advantage from the hot fuel in the filter and line between the pump and carb plus carb full of it. Walk around and peek into some of the pits before qualifying and you might see what I'm talking about ;)

The only reason I was wondering is I was running new fuel line and filter on a Dover motor that I bought on here... The 1/4" I.D. is really loose where it meets the carb... As of now there is 3/16" I.D. black rubber fuel line meeting the carb... My JRPW Clone seems to accept the 1/4" I.D line just fine at the carb... Whats up??????? Are carbs different??? Again new to this but cant see why fuel line works on one clone and not the other.... Any help appreciated...

I have to agree with Neuman Racing, they have found out the filter ahead of the pump makes it harder to pull from the tank and you can run a larger line from pump to carb which adds more fuel reserve. I just picked up my Dover Clone at a swap meet and this is how it is set up.

Back