Fuel Filter

I went through old threads but did not find a simple answer. Is there much of a difference in fuel filters? My son runs a red plate clone in a champ kart. I have been replacing the filter every few races since they are cheap at the parts trailer at the track. But are there any out there that perfom better?

There are different quality plastic filters offered by karting distributors as well.
We went through a batch of the plastic filters where the glue that held them together was not working. Things just fell apart after a few race days. (All imported from Communist China because of cost of course.) Since that bad experience, we've gone to a much better quality filter that works well with gas and alcohol (probably still coming from China) and it's maybe only a dollar more.
Generally, we replace fuel filters once a year, but they can be cleaned and re-used if you wanted.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

When the fuel line begins to get stiff, I replace it from the tank to the carb and put a new fuel filter in at the same time. I have had a plastic fuel filter crack that cost us a race one upon a time. Still wasn't motivated enough to switch from $0.10 to $5 fuel filters but have become more diligent about inspecting fuel line and filter.

Back