fuel leak

Got leak on plastic tank around plastic fuel peacock is there any thing I can use to stop the leak that the fuel won't melt and start leaking again it's new tank hole got little out of round when I drilled it any ideas

Open up to next pipe thread,(Tapered) , then you can use a reducer, If you run alky, don't try to seal with Permatex, alky eats it, there are different epoxy sealants that will work.

I have used Loctite 567 PST pipe thread sealant with good results. I have used it in both gas and methanol applications

Moroso AB epoxy might seal it up, not sure if it will bond to plastic or not but its what alot of guys use when porting heads and carbs if they break thru, the alky or gas will not hurt it.

I have used Loctite 567 PST pipe thread sealant with good results. I have used it in both gas and methanol applications

+1 on Loctite 567 PST. And if you can't find that locally, most pipe sealant products from the plumbing department at your local hardware store, Lowes or Home Depot will work fine too (the fine print on the back of the can will tell you if it won't work with alcohols or petroleum distillates), and if it isn't way out, Teflon tape for sealing pipe threads will work.

I was at a track once and all of a sudden the guy pitted next to me had a massive fire. I ran and got my fire extinguisher out of my trailer to try to keep all of the easy ups from catching and buring everything down at the track (we were all pitted really close together). When we finally got the fire under control and his kart was burned to the ground I asked him what happened. He said he tried to hot patch his plastic fuel tank while full of fuel. I just looked at him and didnt know what to say. He was serious.

I was at a track once and all of a sudden the guy pitted next to me had a massive fire. I ran and got my fire extinguisher out of my trailer to try to keep all of the easy ups from catching and buring everything down at the track (we were all pitted really close together). When we finally got the fire under control and his kart was burned to the ground I asked him what happened. He said he tried to hot patch his plastic fuel tank while full of fuel. I just looked at him and didnt know what to say. He was serious.
Announcer: Attention everybody; Because of insurance constraints, No torching of tires is allowed in the pits. If you are caught torching your tires, you will be disqualified.
If you are caught torching your whole kart to get around this rule; YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AND RIDICULED. LOL.

On the serious side of the subject: If there is a shoulder above the threads; you might get it sealed up with an O-ring.

throw it away an get a new one. after you buy all the stuff to seal it and it still leaks you could have bought another tank.

Announcer: Attention everybody; Because of insurance constraints, No torching of tires is allowed in the pits. If you are caught torching your tires, you will be disqualified.
If you are caught torching your whole kart to get around this rule; YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AND RIDICULED. LOL.
We once pitted next to a couple guys who were trying to burn in prep. They got a tire so hot it caught on fire right under the fuel tank Briggs FH. While they were running away My dad and I grabbed our wash bucket and poured the slightly muddy water over it putting out the fire. They got mad and cussed us out. Go figure.

We once pitted next to a couple guys who were trying to burn in prep. They got a tire so hot it caught on fire right under the fuel tank Briggs FH. While they were running away My dad and I grabbed our wash bucket and poured the slightly muddy water over it putting out the fire. They got mad and cussed us out. Go figure.

lol. they may have had a really good insurance policy on it, and you foiled there plan ,,lol

Back