Fuel tank question

Just moved to FL where the flathead is now extinct and in the process of switching to a clone. My chassis is a 2013 Triton and PRC has pretty decent fuel tank designed for the chassis I'm considering buying. But before i make the purchase, i was wondering what the general regulations on fuel tanks were? Max capacity? any specific material only allowed? WKA and AKRA? Any other specs i should know?

Thanks in advance!!!

I've never seen any fuel tank restrictions except for endurance races and that's usually 9qts. I like the smaller tanks myself. VanK use to make an aluminum 2qt tank that was perfect for sprint.

Sundog

3 quarts should be more than enough to never run out. If your worried about it get a 4 quart so you can run 100 laps before having to refuel.

i was thinking about this on the drive to work actually!! i think that the plastic tanks (which harden after use) are not my ideal thing. I'm looking at getting two of the aluminum tanks for my karts.....and with 2 quarts, i've run upwards of 79 laps before the engine started sputtering (stock appearing engine)......

Back