Fuel to rich?????

Phineas

So had a problem with engine stalling after kart was running for a while and when they re aligned the karts after yellow's engine would stall when sitting still.

After checking idle, etc. found spark plug was black. Does this mean the fuel mixture is to rich? If so which way to turn that screw? And could have been part of the cause of the engine stalling?

Thank You
Phil

What plug? 3910x will not be clean.
Idle air screw would need to go in.
Idle may be too low.
Restricted or adult?

Had the same issue with stalling on my son's purple plate clone under caution. Ended up that the fuel tank wasn't venting enough. Try drilling a larger hole in the fuel cap and run a hose for a vent tube. I keep his idled around 2900. Hope that helps. :)

some will say to replace the plug frequently because the clone engines of today are flowed and tuned to run rich, keeping idle running time to minimum will help. I have run into this problem with adult unrestricted when having to do "all kart roll in", if you ever have to do that to help run in/pack in a track prior to the actual races beginning, I ALWAYS put in a new plug before going on the track to run qualifying and/or heat races. JMO : )

Happy to say. Raced last night and sat under red for a few min. And no stall issue. I believe the holes in the gas cap and new plug was the problem.

Thanks again

2500+ is normal, and it is to keep the carb from loading up with fuel and fouling the plug, since those carbs have to be set up rich for them to perform best

Back