Gasket questions

FOMOGO

Hi guys. I have been reading a lot for a while and have a couple of questions. I just bought a new Predator Hemi for my Barstool. I took the side cover off and the gasket came off in pieces. I have been looking for gaskets and there doesn't seem to be a "This is what you need" gasket out there. The gasket that came off it was black. I did a google search and came up with a website that listed 3 different gaskets by thickness. One was black and the others were different colors. Well I somehow lost the site that listed the black gasket and cant find it again. Can anyone tell me where to get a black gasket or why to use a different gasket? I am new to this one lung stuff and am trying to learn. The other question is in relation to the drain plugs. I have an old Barfly brand barstool that I bought in pieces and I am trying to piece it back together. The motor plate is mounted on the bottom of the frame. The drain plugs limit the front to rear travel for chain adjustment. I thought about just drilling and taping the holes for a pipe plug but didn't know if someone had a better solution. Is the thread just a common bolt thread? Metric I would assume. Maybe a button head allen bolt. Thanks in advance for the help. I am sure I will be needing more. Doug

Thank you for the reply. I see you say that you use it on hemi and non hemi clones. The link says non hemi. Can you clear up what the difference is since everyone seems to list 2 different gaskets between the hemi and the non hemi predators?

The bolt pattern is the same on the Clone, Hemi and Non Hemi Predator engines, the only difference is the dowel pins. The old style Non Hemi Predator engines have a larger dowel pin than a Clone or Hemi Predator engine. That does not hinder the use of this gasket on all three types of engines. Been using them on all three for a couple of years now.

Thank you sir. I have been reading everything I could find on this forum trying to learn and that is the first time I have seen someone state what the difference was between the gaskets. I may have missed it but I have looked for this info.

Back