Gear discussions

have you ever heard of a thing called "deductive reasoning?"
In the late forties, I remember hearing in school about this crazy guy who was telling the world that at one point, South America and Africa were joined together. That over the centuries they had drifted apart. How crazy was that!! Something like 30 or 40 years later, it was proven that he was right. Now I don't put myself in that guys class of smarts, but it shows you that, with deductive reasoning, a lot of things can be figured out. And, not surprisingly, in those days, there were a lot of people huffing and puffing about how this guy was crazy. And not surprisingly, they could spout off endlessly with reasons why he was wrong.
With many new ideas, the naysayers come out of the woodwork telling us how wrong these new ideas are. Sometimes their right and sometimes their wrong.

Not to make any comparison to myself, but most of the world of science insisted that Albert Einstein was wrong with his theory of relativity and his contention that a beam of light could be bent by a gravitational field. When it was proven that he was right, there was a lot of mud on a lot of faces. I only use these examples because they are such well-known examples of deductive reasoning

Did you know that at one time there were people saying that the bumblebee could not fly. Did you know that at one time it was the contention of some that the 150 mile-per-hour barrier in the quarter mile would never be exceeded. The first one being obviously wrong and the second one being proven wrong.

And this here has what to do with answering any of the questions i asked?

You should run the smaller driver because it takes 164 pancakes to cover an average size dog house.......... (try them both ans see what you think, you'll never get agreement on this issue here!)

This is an inaccurate measurement because purple aliens don't wear hats.

Did you know that at one time there were people saying that the bumblebee could not fly. Did you know that at one time it was the contention of some that the 150 mile-per-hour barrier in the quarter mile would never be exceeded. The first one being obviously wrong and the second one being proven wrong.

Great example why I get up-set with you giving out BAD info because in the thread for Set-up for a 3/8 th mile DIRT oval your just one of the non believers as above, your obviously wrong by telling someone to show up with NO staggers and Just pound the tires full of air in fact the only way you could be more wrong would be if you added your Ratio is Ratio and said just throw any certain Ratio on it as well, and IF you ever showed up to a Dirt race track 3/8 th mile you would be PROVEN Wrong.

Great example why I get up-set with you giving out BAD info because in the thread for Set-up for a 3/8 th mile DIRT oval your just one of the non believers as above, your obviously wrong by telling someone to show up with NO staggers and Just pound the tires full of air in fact the only way you could be more wrong would be if you added your Ratio is Ratio and said just throw any certain Ratio on it as well, and IF you ever showed up to a Dirt race track 3/8 th mile you would be PROVEN Wrong.
exaggerations like this lend nothing to your credibility, in fact, I have to question your credibility and honesty. If you had just left out all these insults and explained why I am wrong, I would have no problem with that.

I've raced both dirt oval and asphalt road course. Apples and oranges, as far as setup. How many road courses are what one would consider a momentum track? You're off throttle, braking more, etc. Also, in 2007, my father set up the kart that was being raced at a dirt oval with his knowledge of asphalt road courses (over 30 years total).

We got lapped by lap 5 of the heat.

Things are different. Best thing to do when you are unfamiliar with something is ask the right people the right questions. In less than a season, from knowledge I gained from a few select here on Bobs and my engine builder, we were running top three at US 13 here in Delaware. Decent competition in a field back then of probably 10 or so karts average weekly.

The two things that NEVER lead one astray... a stopwatch and a notebook.

I've raced both dirt oval and asphalt road course. Apples and oranges, as far as setup. How many road courses are what one would consider a momentum track? You're off throttle, braking more, etc. Also, in 2007, my father set up the kart that was being raced at a dirt oval with his knowledge of asphalt road courses (over 30 years total).

We got lapped by lap 5 of the heat.
my 1st experience on an oval track came after 11 years of Sprint racing. The track was a 3/8 mile paved oval high banked. We only ran a few races at that track, mostly expositions between the heat races and the mains of the big cars. I won every heat, every race, every lap. I had never run an oval track before that. Obviously I didn't set the kart up like I would if it was a Sprint track. At the one race where we qualified, I was the only cart there in the 15 second bracket. The track had an electronic timing system with a big display at one end of the track.

Back