Gear Ratio for asphalt?

Why don't you post the track, 1/5 mile doesn't really tell anybody much... but my guess would be around 3.80 or so.

where's your motor make power? what's the tach say you're spinning? Your animal should make power, conservatively, to 7200...your tac should say youre spinning 7300 max. I like the strong restart of a 13 driver, but assuming 13/ 64 = 4.92, a 14/69 would get you in the same area. go up or down a tooth on the rear to fine tune your rpm. I'm lighter than you, you may need to go up a tooth on the rear to make up for weight to get you out of the corners. a 3.55 is was to long for a KG animal.
What's your clutch driver? Mr Pool sells a pile of 69 and 70s to Stock Heavy racers- probably 14 drivers- who are about your size.

Right now I'm running a 15/65 and I'm not certain that's where it should be. Had motor issues last week so until we get that resolved im not changing anything so I can make sure I am adjusting in the right direction. Still have a lot to learn.

13/64 = 4.92 for a 1/5 mile track... wow that seems like a lot of gear for a track that big. We run at a 1/8 mile track 14/67 = 4.78 we buzz the motor between 7100 & 7200. What kind of R's are you turning with the 15/65 = 4.33... that doesn't seem like it should be far off.

3.5 is what we run in Iowa on the fastest 1/5 mile in the country Jamaica Raceway! GK is a nice track however I never ran there so I can help you on that one sorry

I went to a 15/68 and am getting up to 6900. Think I'm gonna try a 14 driver.

15/68 only turning 6900 might want to look at other things but all motors are different depends on builder how its built some only turn 7000 or so but that should put you at around 7300 so not sure what may be going on 14 driver works there but give up a little straight away speed

I went to 14/68 after trying a few things, that seems to work best so far our of all the things I tried.

Animal turns 7300ish, got it as high as 7800 the other day at practice session while messing around with setup.

Back