Giving back - personal experience

Hello friends. As most of y'all know - I'm knew to the karting world. Truth be told if it was for the people in this group I probably wouldn't have had the luck and blessing I have had this year!
Chris Cooper has worked with me alot - he has made several trips to my area - trying to help me!
I wanna take a moment and say thank you to everyone on this forum!
I currently lead points for coody creek speedway - iv won twice outta the 4 times we have raced - the other 2 times we got a 2nd and a 4th place finish - the 4th place finish was after starting 9th..... I'm comfortable at this track and have a good idea what needs to happen every weekend....

This last Saturday I got out of my comfort zone and raced at a track ( known for fast karts )...... Back at the beginning of the year I attempted to race at 3d speedway in Haskel Oklahoma - The results Made me feel like trash. I failed to do any passing and struggled to keep up...... I swore everyone was cheating - I swore not to come back... Because of Chris I decided to return this last weekend and while I didn't do as good as I hoped...... We had a blast and we put on a heck of a show - it's clear with a lil more work we will be a force to be reckoned with.....

I'm gonna include the videos with a lil detail of what went wrong...... At the end I will share my ( Almost ) ( Biggest mistake )
I hope the information I share can help someone ( new ) to the sport..... This is my attempt at giving back to the group who gave to me!

Last edited:
Hotlaps about killed us.... We struggled with a top end sputter - carb related - we ended up swapping carbs and it cued the issue.... By the time the carb issue was straightened out hotlaps had ended - we knew we were close setup wise but didn't have time to put any laps down at top speed.......

We went out with a 13 / 64 gearing - about 1/4 more stagger then normal.... We were actually fast......
A few laps in I got a run on 1st - - I ended up spinning myself - not realizing how lose I was...... I restarted dead last... I managed to work my way back up to 3rd but ran outta laps.....

Last edited:
Sorry for taking so post to finish the post. Put in 123 hours this week - super tired.
Here is the (B main)

As you'll see in the video - I lost the kart a few laps in - I had a good run at first when the leader slipped a lil and I almost ran him over...... had to restart last..... Top 4 transfer.

After the spin - I literally thought it was over - so did everyone else......people I don't even know came up to us in the pits telling us what an amazing comeback!!!!

This is one of the things I wanna share if anyone who might be new and struggling - stay strong and keep fighting ( you never know when your luck might change ).......

The A main.....

This is one of the biggest points I have to make......
This is all about perspective.......

Truth be told I was ready to fight as soon as this race was over - I felt cheated......
But I kept my cool and I ended up watching the recording of what had happened - what happened on the track ( from my point of view ) and what happened on reply are two different things.....

It seems like everytime I show up at this track there is a local that trys to push his weight around.....

At the start of the ( A main ) my only goal was to get into the top 5 - we started way back in the field and honestly after the run we had in the ( B ) I was over the moon /more then happy - to me there was nothing more to prove....

Lights went green and everything was smooth sailing until a yellow flys - everything gets lined out and we go green - then another yellow flag comes out......
Now from inside the kart ( The yellow came on before going into turn 3 and I got spon coming out of turn 4 ) everyone should have slowed up some - when I got spun - I took it personal - I thought it was done intentionally......

I blew it off ( got my spot back ) and when the green came out I matched onward! Several laps later the yellow flys - we have made it up to 4! ....... Everything get lined out and we go green - then the real trouble starts - going down the back straight - 3rd place slows - fast - so fast there is nothing I can do but smack the back of him..... We keep going but now everyone else has a run on us...... 2 karts get around us - but the fallowing lap - I get a run and at the time - it looked as if the 11c had came down on top of me
( I almost spin him ) but backed off enough to save us both - I wave him back Around me and dart in Behind him..... I get a run tops side and again from my point of view - he knew I was there and pushed me up high.- forcing me into the wall ( soft wall ) unfortunately kicked the chain...... It seemed like Everytime I attempted to change my line - he changed with me..... I get blocking and trying to hold someone off - but this appeared to be more then just that - it seemed as tho he was willing to wreck me - to stop me from passing...... Idk - beating and banging is racing - it happens..... But again at the time - from my point of view - I had been wrecked intentionally...... This happened with 2 laps to go ..... I was put in the back of the pack and unfortunately wasn't able to do much with only 2 laps to go......

I have since rewatch the video several times - after looking at it closely - I believe it may have all been a misunderstanding - I may have almost lost my cool for nothing........ The point I wanna make - if you ever end of in this situation - you feel cheated - go back and check your replys - there maybe some hidden secrets.... It's hard to say if what went on was intentional and either way it's still frustrating

At the end of the day I learned alot.... Not just about racing but also about myself...... I'll alway make sure I take steps to ensure I have a full grasp on what took place during the race- you gotta see it from all other points of views ( other then your own......

Thanks guys! Appreciate you all!

Last edited:
We ran against a family , father , son , cousins . You had to out run all three if you wanted in front .
Tag Team racing :cool:...

We ran against a family , father , son , cousins . You had to out run all three if you wanted in front .
Tag Team racing :cool:...
Pevehouse possible....... They have karting locked down pretty good - at one point they had 12 karts racing at once.....there are a few others but jack and Scott are most known....

The only way to improve in karting is to race against people who are MUCH better than you are. Stiff competition has a way of unapologetically poking holes in your entire program. Those opportunities to improve would have never been entertained had you stayed running against lower competition. You can either get discouraged and think everyone is cheating (which is almost never the case BTW) or you can work incrementally to get better week by week. This is a marathon, not a sprint.

My karting journey also started in Oklahoma. Continue to travel and go to more tracks and race against different people. It will not be pretty for the first year or so but it will only make you a better racer and give you memories that money can't buy.

The only way to improve in karting is to race against people who are MUCH better than you are. Stiff competition has a way of unapologetically poking holes in your entire program. Those opportunities to improve would have never been entertained had you stayed running against lower competition. You can either get discouraged and think everyone is cheating (which is almost never the case BTW) or you can work incrementally to get better week by week. This is a marathon, not a sprint.

My karting journey also started in Oklahoma. Continue to travel and go to more tracks and race against different people. It will not be pretty for the first year or so but it will only make you a better racer and give you memories that money can't buy.
I agree with you 💯.... I will say all my year of racing - almost everyone pushes the rules - and I guess there is a difference between braking the rules and pushing on them. Smokey Yunick was one of the greats... I will say the out of the 9 karts iv seen teched this year 2 of them came back clean...... I'm slowly pushing myself out there more and more. I'm fairly confident in myself - one thing I pride myself in is the ability to drive...... I may not get it right the first time - it's that comeback people should watch out for......
I'm ok with getting beat - out ran by a better driver or better equipment...... I don't like beating myself - that will get me the most upset - I know my capabilities - I expect the best from myself.

Alot of the problem iv noticed with karting ( especially my class ) (adult predator) The rules very from track to track - not a bad thing but it makes it hard to move around - when on a budget such as myself.... One of the main reasons I stay with ( Coody creek in muskogee ok ) I personally know the track onwers - there good people and honest and fair..... They tech and it doesn't matter who it is - they will call you on any and all bs..... No favorites........

Alot of the other tracks around me do motor claims - and I get the theory behind claims - I don't like it ....... Alot of them are 100 to 150 claim's ( fair motor wise) but you don't keep anything - clutch - flywheel - weenie pipe - fuel pump and plate - all gone......

Back