GM or Jawa

Bigdog, thank you! This is the info I'm looking for and I appreciate you sharing your thoughts. I can understand what they are saying, however I know my limits, I have a lot of racing experience and what is called "racecraft" that some may not always have. And a lot of laps logged at our local track.

I've been doing my due diligence on learning motors, like this thread was intended for, and chassis', tires, etc.. I also been talking to a local guy at the track that runs UAS/RWYB class with picking his brain on things. I've also spoke with Chris Seay on a few things as well.

At some point, I will want to run some UAS events once I get up to speed so again thank you for the info.
Most economical is the CRF450 . Easy to mount up >> I have a NEW QRC engine mount for sale and a fresh modified side cover remote start set up by the way << . A non fuel injected engine are easiest to set up . Parts are available everywhere. This engine isn’t for sale , but this is what a complete package looks like with out radiator. Stock or modified Honda’s are very good kart engines Nick .

Attachments

• IMG_7240.jpeg
    IMG_7240.jpeg
    134.3 KB · Views: 31
Nick, FOURTOGO is 100% correct. This unit is used by a majority of the UAS drivers and is really economical and competitive. If you look around, you probably can find a used bike fairly cheap and basically all you have to do is refresh it (if it needs it). There is also a ton of aftermarket parts available for them. The beauty of it is that once they are set up, you can run one for a number of years without a problem. Remember, take your time putting it together and do it right.

Most economical is the CRF450 . Easy to mount up >> I have a NEW QRC engine mount for sale and a fresh modified side cover remote start set up by the way << . A non fuel injected engine are easiest to set up . Parts are available everywhere. This engine isn’t for sale , but this is what a complete package looks like with out radiator. Stock or modified Honda’s are very good kart engines Nick
Thanks for the info! I think after doing more research, this is the route I'm going to take. I'm curious though, which radiators are they mostly running for the 450's? Also, send me a pm on the mount you have please.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info! I think after doing more research, this is the route I'm going to take. I'm curious though, which radiators are they mostly running for the 450's? Also, send me a pm on the mount you have please.
I run Ellis radiators << don’t think their still in business though.

Attachments

• IMG_0601.jpeg
    IMG_0601.jpeg
    124.7 KB · Views: 6
I made this bracket to hold Coil Fuel Pump and ignition box . Simple Sheet aluminum piece with some aluminum spacers . Makes everything compact and unitized

Attachments

• IMG_1353.jpeg
    IMG_1353.jpeg
    144.9 KB · Views: 33
Looking for opinions on what you like or prefer over one another. I’m new to UAS/RWYB so just trying to gather ideas. Also what is the maintenance like compared to a 450. Thanks!
we run a jawa, very strong motor, also very heavy, stock they are about 70HP, ours is more than that, they run very well but not many people work on them, i build all my own motors but i have to send the jawa out because it comes from the czech republic and i dont know to get parts for it, the honda 450 is prob the best way to go as far as parts and motor builders, the jawa as to either go to Bill Cody in Califorina or Jerry Stevens in Ohio

Back