GO PRO 3 - anyone use the white edition?

meracer9

Site Supporter
Has anyone purchased the GO PRO 3 white edition and used it for karting? I see they have a White $199, Silver $299, Black $399. I don't really have the $299 or $399, the $199 is more in my price range. Obviously you get what you pay for but was just curious if anyone uses the white edition and how the video quality is? Any imput would be great! Thanks

I love my white edition. I use the 960p setting at 60fps. I also have bought the battery backpack adapter and remote. It works great for what I use it for. If you plan on having the GoPro, you might as well get as many mounts as you can. You will soon want to have different angles, but that could be just me. The reason I bought the battery backpack was because if you use a remote or connect the GoPro to your android/iPhone/iPad, it will use alot of the battery on the camera. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

I love my white edition. I use the 960p setting at 60fps. I also have bought the battery backpack adapter and remote. It works great for what I use it for. If you plan on having the GoPro, you might as well get as many mounts as you can. You will soon want to have different angles, but that could be just me. The reason I bought the battery backpack was because if you use a remote or connect the GoPro to your android/iPhone/iPad, it will use alot of the battery on the camera. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Thank you! Basically looking for a camera to mount on my helmet as well as maybe on the rear of the kart from time to time. I already have the GOPRO stick on mount for my helmet from another camera (cheaper brand "junk") that I purchased last year. Sound like I'll be making a new purchase this afternoon!

My son and I both use a Go Pro 3 white edition. I bet we've made over five hours of race footage with it so far. Great camera and the thing is tough. I recently got hit with a small rock and it put a little crack in the outer case, so it's not water proof until I get a new one, but other than that it is a great tool. He's young so I can watch the video back and see what the kart is doing by watching his hands and feet during the race. Plus we take it with us on all our other adventures.

I have mounted it on my shotgun, racecar, kart, helmet, dirt bikes, trucks, roll bars, I have used a chest mount for welding, etc.

Awesome! Just made the purchase on Amazon! Thanks all!

And also if any of your mounts break or the camera malfunctions, call GoPro. They will always treat you right. I've had a mount break under racing conditions, I called them and they replaced the mount for free. I;ve ever had a case crack, had me send in pictures of it and explain what happened. Three days later I had a new case and suction cup on my doorstep. I can't say anything bad about them.

And also if any of your mounts break or the camera malfunctions, call GoPro. They will always treat you right. I've had a mount break under racing conditions, I called them and they replaced the mount for free. I;ve ever had a case crack, had me send in pictures of it and explain what happened. Three days later I had a new case and suction cup on my doorstep. I can't say anything bad about them.

I paid the $19.99 for two year warranty LOL Hopefully thats a +!

I never bought the warranty, but if something is going to happen with the camera, it will happen within the first bit of use. GoPro always helped me when the camera malfunctioned. I called them one night between the 1st and 2nd heat race and still had time to spare to work on the kart and do tires. If you have any questions feel free to ask me.

I never bought the warranty, but if something is going to happen with the camera, it will happen within the first bit of use. GoPro always helped me when the camera malfunctioned. I called them one night between the 1st and 2nd heat race and still had time to spare to work on the kart and do tires. If you have any questions feel free to ask me.

Thank you!

Back