Go Pro - non helmet

I've seen people mount them for reasons such as instructional tools for kids, setup, tires etc.. There are many reasons I could come up with for using a camera and yes we make movies too for our viewing pleasure!

I use mine all the time for tuning, what happened, on lap ie 16, ie why was the Mychron saying lap 15 and 17 were faster, entry exit mid turn on the ovals. ie Half way through sprint races on turn 11, right line, wrong line, sliding tires.
And yes in Vintage Karting fun memories running them old karts nowaday, as my dad says, when he started in 1959 he would love to have any video of things back during the time period, photographs included.

First, It's awesome to be able to re-live that great last lap pass for the win, or even that spectacular wreck that you walked away form.

Your memory of the race is sometimes much different that the actual race!

Those cameras are a also great tuning/learning tool for young divers. A 10 year old can't really tell you if the kart is loose or pushing, but watching the video and seeing how much steering they are using tells you a lot. You can also see if they really are on the gas and off the brake (they will always tell you the are) Then after the race its a great learning tool to see where they need to improve and where the competition is getting them. We're heading to a few new tracks this year and my son is already on you tube watching the videos to learn his way around those tracks.

I've seen people mount them for reasons such as instructional tools for kids, setup, tires etc.. There are many reasons I could come up with for using a camera and yes we make movies too for our viewing pleasure!
Racing Psychosis, never taught of that, good idea..........
Like y'all Positive answers, so I guess it is good ....................

First, It's awesome to be able to re-live that great last lap pass for the win, or even that spectacular wreck that you walked away form.

Your memory of the race is sometimes much different that the actual race!

Those cameras are a also great tuning/learning tool for young divers. A 10 year old can't really tell you if the kart is loose or pushing, but watching the video and seeing how much steering they are using tells you a lot. You can also see if they really are on the gas and off the brake (they will always tell you the are) Then after the race its a great learning tool to see where they need to improve and where the competition is getting them. We're heading to a few new tracks this year and my son is already on you tube watching the videos to learn his way around those tracks.

Absolutely agree with that, sometimes its good and bad, as you see someone drive real dirty. But I have had young out of town drivers come to our local track and say hey I watched your video to see how to get around this track. Even old drivers like myself, watch sprint tracks that I've never been too, to see what the track looks like and where I want to run on it.

And if the racing is good, I think it can do nothing but help promote that local track and get people excited about racing there. Its a double edged sword.

Best time of the night for me is when I get to house, sit down, and ask my wife "what the heck happened" It kinda of scares me sometimes, how different it is from what I remember. Reflexes and instincts don't record well at old age. Wish I could afford a cam and a new brain/body. Lol.

I can't give all our secrets but we've mounted them just about everywhere, if you want to know what something is doing during the race put the camera on it and you will know. No more guessing.

Yeah, they make a plethora of mounts for Go Pro's. They are WAY more useful than sticking it on your head the whole time.

What view gave you the best?

It all depends on what you're looking for. Mount it to a seat strut as other have suggested, or nerf bar. There are lots of directions to point it, and many places to mount it. Just sit and think of something you'd like to watch. Put it there for a practice or two and make some laps and come in and make a change and go back. Watch your chain, axle, tires, motor, anything you can think of. If you've ever wondered just how tires react under load, especially on a UAS kart, it's a REAL eye opener.

I made my own brackets and combined that with the GoPro attachments. I have one facing forward mounted on the fairing in front of the steering wheel. I can also mount the camera facing backwards with a mount on the RR seat bracket near the frame.

Back