Go Pro or Ion?

Emerson HD action cam. $80. Don't need to buy extra equip. to watch replay. Comes with waterproof case 8GB SD card.

First of all thanks Gettingold and 71chevy for the suggestion on the SJ4000. I have spent the last two days very close to clicking the buy on Amazon for the "SJ4000", anywhere from 73 to 100 dollars. I urge anyone thinking about buying one of these to Google the difference between fake and genuine. Apparently there a lot of Chinese knockoffs to the Chinese version itself, lol. Ebay is where I found the original genuine version of the camera. Sainspeed was the seller, $109 dollars with free shipping. Can't wait to try it.

I wish I had seen this earlier, I bought a GoPro, great camera and amazing quality, but the price... It really is too high, but I have used it every weekend so it's worn it's value already, but I'll keep in mind for next time

GoPro, the support is amazing and they have even troubleshooted my camera, over the phone between the heat race and feature. They also have tons and tons of mounts for versatility to get many mounting views. I now own 2 GoPros, 1 Hero 3 and 1 hero 2

We own 4 gopros and they are great. The durability is unreal they can take anything you throw at them. We use them karting, snowmobiling,and on the ATV. The cases are so water proof I dont even take it off to pressure wash. And if the mount does happen to break(only 2 times in 4 years) its never even a question if the camera is all right. You cant break them if they are in the case. After a hard roll over in the kart you could see the dent in the track from the camera case. Camera is still in perfect shape and the case is also. Very good product and USA support if you do have a problem.

Just received my SAM SJ4000. So far pretty neat playing with it around the house. I got lucky and got the original from a dealer on Ebay. Paid 109 for it. Comes with a huge amount of mounting accessories. Foxoffer.com is where I'd buy if buying again. They claim to ONLY sell the genuine SJCams. There are a lot of knock offs being sold on Amazon for much cheaper. Also saw there is an SJ400 wife for like $6 more than the standard 4000. Wish I had seen this before ordering.

I purchased an emerson HD Action cam EVC355 for 35 dollars. I have used it in the jet boat and for the first time last night on the kart. New in the box 35 dollars!!! so far I have no problems with it.

My apologies...I was being sarcastic.

There is no chance the less expensive cameras are as good or better than the GoPro. Commodity selling works great with toilet paper and toothpaste, but not technology.

Choosing the right camera depends upon utilization and expectation. I have GoPros, 1 and 3, great products.

Just received my SAM SJ4000. So far pretty neat playing with it around the house. I got lucky and got the original from a dealer on Ebay. Paid 109 for it. Comes with a huge amount of mounting accessories. Foxoffer.com is where I'd buy if buying again. They claim to ONLY sell the genuine SJCams. There are a lot of knock offs being sold on Amazon for much cheaper. Also saw there is an SJ400 wife for like $6 more than the standard 4000. Wish I had seen this before ordering.

Ha, it gets confusing when there are clones of the clone of the gopro!

From what I have heard the SJ4000 is more than enough for most kart racers, it's not the go pro, but you can buy 4 sj4000s for the price of a gopro black. I ordered an sj4000 but haven't received it yet, should this week.

I did check out the comparison videos on YouTube and other reviews on the web and was very impressed with how close the sj4000 was to the go pro. Like previous posters have said, it is VERY important to make sure you get a true sj4000, I ordered mine from foxoffer.

Back