Go Pro or Ion?

I watch a lot of the Lucas Oil latemodels and pulling on MAV TV and they use Ions, the picture quality by the time it gets to my tv is wonderful.

Ha, it gets confusing when there are clones of the clone of the gopro!

From what I have heard the SJ4000 is more than enough for most kart racers, it's not the go pro, but you can buy 4 sj4000s for the price of a gopro black. I ordered an sj4000 but haven't received it yet, should this week.

I did check out the comparison videos on YouTube and other reviews on the web and was very impressed with how close the sj4000 was to the go pro. Like previous posters have said, it is VERY important to make sure you get a true sj4000, I ordered mine from foxoffer.

Yeah, I have been playing with mine this week. You will have to get a mini SD memory card for it because the camera doesn't have any internal memory. I bought an 8gb for like 10 bucks. Hooked the camera up to the laptop it recognized it immediately and played the videos nice. Really easy to use and set up. Hope to try it out this weekend at the track.

I run a ReplayXD 1080 very similar to the Ion. If you watch MavTV then you also see Loud Pedal on-boards and Speed Sport News occasionally and they run lots of Replays as does Robby Gordon's truck racing series. Mounts are similar to the Ion.
Some 2-stroke videos:
Rock Island Grand Prix with a kart powered by 2 McCulloch engines: http://youtu.be/3q36jbMTmd8
Another single 2-stroke: http://youtu.be/cK_Qh08aNus?t=20s

Also have a Tachyon OPS which is the smallest and lightest camera I've seen, picture is not as good, mic is explosive and picks up everything.

So our first run with the SJCAMS was a success. Video was great, I would put the quality up against any go pro I have ever watched. Very pleased so far and it was a third of the cost of a gopro. Definitely recommend it bit again male sure you get the original. Recommend purchasing from foxoffer.com.

GoPro is expected to announce the 4 in a week or two. Rumors sound like frame rate is the major upgrade, and possibly a built in lcd. Nothing is certain until we get the official word.

Back