Good Grief!!

Outrider

I was browsing through the current issue of Circle Track magazine and on page 18 and 19 was a two page Longacre ad, with two blocks devoted to computerized scales. Nothing unusual about that, then I noticed that one was for RC CARS! Yessir, for the small sum of $798.00, you can have a set of scales suitable for your 1/8, 1/10 or 1/12 scale car and at 14lbs max per pad, you could can probably do your 1/4 scale car, too. Better pony up quick though, that's an introductory price; soon they'll set you back $949.00!

If this is really necessary to be competitive in RC oval track racing, I'm glad I got out of radio control car racing when I did, lol.....

They have been available for a long time. I raced RC cars for 25 years up and down the east coast. I raced what they call pan cars and yes to be competitive you needed scales plus a lot of other stuff. No you didn't need the longacre ones, we used small postal scales on a flat board. When I sold out my RC stuff I was able to set my self up nicely with kart stuff.

Back