Good TOUGH dirt kart bodies? Who to use?

if you think it’s gonna be a demo derby get a plastic M&M. I run fiberglass bodies that Halbert makes and they take a beating as well but they nor any will live up to plastic for durability.

You are about to learn how to do fiberglass work. Wear long sleeves. I started out with the kit. Plastic bodies have issues too. Like sagging and the ones that look good are not as tough as the other ones.

yep, if you need tough you need an M&M but they are dull and don't hold any graphics or stickers well at all. Got my son through his rookie year in Jr2 on one and it was still usable. Now we have a glass one because it had to look "cool" dad...

I run the M&M aero tuff. This will be its 6th season and it doesn't sag or bind. If your plastic body sags you did something wrong. Been doing this for 12 years and never run a fiberglass body. Guys who like the fiberglass dont like plastic and vice versa. The m&m supertuff and aerotuff will greatly outlast anything fiberglass on the market.

Btw same graphics too. Yall need to find better vinyl or a better guy.

It’s easier to get a response on fb if you have it at m&m performance. I just got a new raptor tuff body from them. I seen where people said graphics don’t stick well so after I put on stickers I took a heat gun and went over it all with a squeegee hoping to help the glue stick to the surface. I’m hoping that will do the trick

I don't have social media, my boy does. I'll have him check. I was thinking of scuff the body where the graphics are applied at & a heat gun too.

If you get a supertuff or areotuff scuffing will do nothing. Heat gun and good vinyl is all you need. Domt skimp or they will peel

Cool. I am gonna use plastic bodies again. We had 2 braces on each side to keep ours from sagging. One in front and one on the side. It was a Junior Tuff. I really like the Pro series but our friends have broken them and say they are no stronger than the fiberglass. Guess I the Tuff Series Super is the trick set up?? I am new to karts too.

Wayne Arnold makes the best bodies out!!!!

Attachments

• 18C059E3-8967-47B7-94E7-6DA7020167CA.jpeg
    18C059E3-8967-47B7-94E7-6DA7020167CA.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 102
Cool. I am gonna use plastic bodies again. We had 2 braces on each side to keep ours from sagging. One in front and one on the side. It was a Junior Tuff. I really like the Pro series but our friends have broken them and say they are no stronger than the fiberglass. Guess I the Tuff Series Super is the trick set up?? I am new to karts too.
yeah if you like racing with a rubbermaid trashcan on your kart.
If racers are tearing up noses so bad they need to learn how to drive and or the black flag waved at them, and if the karters you race with are that ruff the track needs to step in or find another place to race

I run the M&M aero tuff. This will be its 6th season and it doesn't sag or bind. If your plastic body sags you did something wrong. Been doing this for 12 years and never run a fiberglass body. Guys who like the fiberglass dont like plastic and vice versa. The m&m supertuff and aerotuff will greatly outlast anything fiberglass on the market.

Btw same graphics too. Yall need to find better vinyl or a better guy.
no true, and it been proven over and over, plastic breaks, fiberglass cracks, now the tuff series are just butt ugly

Just a thought here...what’s the weight ratio on fiberglass vs plastic/rubber bodies
I would think the plastic/rubber bodies would weigh more...jmo
But then again, if you stay up front...keep the fiberglass body... :)

It all comes down to how rough are the people your racing against, how many things YOU as a driver hit (other karts or stationary objects), and how much you want to screw with them. I like the low maintenance. Fiberglass is easily repairable and so is plastic. They'll all do the job fine.

Theres a difference in tough, and durable but fast. When was the last time any of you seen a "tough" body win at a big event? Usually they are heavy, thick, and tend to somewhat bind up the kart. Some are also very wide, which dont help with the weight.
Good fiberglass body by a reputable company will do both jobs, durable (not indestructible) but also fast.

Back