Green Plate Clone

Was wondering if anybody could help steer me in the right direction. I need to know what cam, flywheel timing and jetting to run in an NKA green plate clone. Any help would be appreciated

Cl2 cam, ARC flywheel, .050 coil air gap, 35 degrees with timing light,.038 main jet .027 pilot jet with the bottom " O " ring removed ,2 1/2 turns out on low speed air screw, 5 turns on idle speed if everything's right in the motor this will be good.....

Cl2 cam, ARC flywheel, .050 coil air gap, 35 degrees with timing light,.038 main jet .027 pilot jet with the bottom " O " ring removed ,2 1/2 turns out on low speed air screw, 5 turns on idle speed if everything's right in the motor this will be good.....
where exactly is the low speed "air" screw located?

Looking at the carburetor from the air cleaner it's located on the left side, it is a brass screw with a screwdriver slot , far back on the carburetor where it meets the engine. When used in conjunction with the jet combination as stated 2 1/2 turns is just a ballpark adjustment. These carburetors are Industrial style design to run at 3600 RPMs all day long we modify them to race by making wholesale changes to the 2 jets, E tube bore diameter, float level, every one of which affects the others, as stated these settings will get you close and should run very well. Also the stock carburetor has a Venturi opening of approximately .611 to take full advantage of the allowable bore size it needs to be opened up to .6145 I hope this info helps you.......

Last edited:
111 int CL, .037 main with .025 pilot (use both orings or it will foul plug), no need to bore carb on small plate. Etube already oversized on ID for signal on small plate. Use dyno cams block and ring package. Concentrate on ring seal for best horsepower. Valvetrain very important here.
EV

Back