-26lb springs
-gx390 carb
-straight through performance exhaust
-performance open element air filter
-.275 black mamba cam
-1.3 ratio rockers
-governor removed
-14cc head
I was wondering if I will have piston and valve contact with the .352 lift of the 1.3's and a .275 cam?
also am wondering the amount of RPM and horsepower I will roughly be making.
Thanks
Danon

Thanks winnerscircle
With 37 lb springs what other parts would I need? For the engine to support big springs? Will stock pushrods be ok?
Also, what would my rpm be around? It says 26lbs will last up to about 7000-7500 rpm.

I would upgrade to a good cm pushrod and use a 37lb spring. We have a isky BM in a predator with 26lb springs and 1.3 rockers and it is floating at 7600 and not utilizing the cam to its fullest potential. Upgrading springs this week.

Just weld the 1.3 rockers to reinforce them and you will be fine. Also at 7000+ rpm, id suggest going with a billet rod to be on the safe side, surprised nobody has mentioned that yet. You would also want to port and polish that 14cc head to help the flow a bit, they flow pretty poorly when stock if this is a genuine Honda 14cc head. Intake port could be opened up a good bit, smoothen up the edges and short side radius, the exhaust port doesn't need to be opened up much but smooth the edges in it and polish it up. Leave the intake side a little rough to help fuel atomize and prevent pooling. Does your engine have a flat top piston or dish?

Back