GX390 help

Hellion25

I have a GX200 Std bore long rod flat top piston large valve head ported with NR 274 Series cam. I'm putting a GX390 carb on it I open it up just a lil bigger then 3/4 bore. What else do I need to do to the carburetor as in etube and rejetting it or any other tricks to run it on methanol. Thx

Im not sure what "3/4 bore" means. Stock 390 carb bore is .830 already. You can go to .930 or so without much trouble. You will want to open up the idle jet some. .026 or so would be a start. Some do some e-tube mods. Some shorten and cut a taper on the part sticking into the venturi. \This taper must point a certain way and only involve a max of about 85% of the end with the rest remaining flat. (Poor description, I know) I dont enlarge the holes into the side of the etube. Some do. Depends on many factors on how the carb is tuned as far as work behind the welch plug and low speed circuitry mods. Some polish and enlarge the inside of the e-tube. I may polish but rarely enlarge. Some enlarge or drill additional holes in the aluminum tube portion of the carb the jet is screwed into to increase potential fuel to the jet. (another poor description) Being as this is going on a small block, not sure the fuel "increase" mods will be needed. I have little expereince in putting them on small blocks so I dont know what is truley needed. Good luck.

Your right it was a 240 carb I cut to .750 now I have a 390
Carb in my hand I may just clean it up and just try to run it the way it is. I'll just see how I'm going to have to jet it for methanol

Back