Hans Device

Nj38

What is everyone's opinion on a Hans device? Anyone use one that races champ karts? I was looking looking at purchasing an adjustable model. Thanks in advance.

If you wish to spend the money, they're ok for a champ IF YOU RUN A FULL HALO CONVERSION bolted to your seat, though, imo, you'd probably be better off with a Valhalla 360. Forget the Hans if you aren't going to bolt a halo headrest conversion to your seat, as the Hans is designed to be extraordinarily good at one thing - protecting your neck in a frontal or near frontal impact; it leaves side impact protection and rear impact protection to the halo type headrest, which is fine if you have one. If you don't want a Valhalla 360, there are a number of alternatives to the Hans out there from the big car world, and several of them offer side and rear impact protection too - check out the safety equipment section of the Speedway Motors catalog. What makes me wish I knew whether to laugh or cry is the 2 or 3 times a year someone shows up at our home track with a Hans and a flat kart...

I use my hans on my flat kart works well I added some straps so it stays on my body and don't need belts to hold it in place

Back