Hardening LR Maxxis Tires

btk554

We are running a junior sportsman champ and have found that we need a harder lr when the track condition gets good. The maxxis right side tires are already coming so soft that we are having trouble getting our durometer split and not getting right sides to soft. Any ideas for rasing that durometer on lr?

Youre in Fl i see, i just moved from there which i lived for 30 years. I dont know of a track there thats been good enough for your rights to be much over 52 to 54, how much harder do you want the LR?
Since youre in Fl also, leave the tire outside for a couple weeks, it will harden.

I am trying to get about an 8 point split so getting a lr at 60 hasn't been easy. They are coming about 55 56 and we are lr tight...

Plenty of good used tires on here, should be easy to find one punching 60. But, for new tires I'd roll 3/4oz and let them sit in the weather for 2-4 weeks. Not direct sun or anything. Just where they're "outside." Should get you around 58-60 depending on how on you let it sit. This works, it came from a very reliable source and I've done it. But, we don't need anything that hard around here.

Back