Hardening

What is the best way to harden a Burris 33?
I agree with RP. I found that heat cycles are the best way to increase duro.

Drying the rubber (pulling oil out) increases the hardness. Some people will wipe the tires with methanol, gas, diesel, goat, acrysol, etc to achieve this. I don't personally care for this method as it changes the characteristics of the rubber but have done it in a pinch.

As Hobbs suggested leaving them outside is another option. I only find this effective when you have a decent temperature swing. I wouldn't set them out in the summer sun (direct sunlight) for too long as it will be prone to cracking.

We might be able to help more if you provide additional info. What's the tire you're trying to harden and how much are you trying to harden it by? If you're talking about a new tire punching 56 and you're wanting to get it into the 60's heat cycles (scuffing it on a track that builds heat) will get you there. You can cut the tire thinner to increase duro (not necessarily a preferred option). If you're looking to take a tire punching 45 that has been heavily prepped most of it's life and want to increase 10 points on the duro you're going to struggle.

I agree with RP. I found that heat cycles are the best way to increase duro.

Drying the rubber (pulling oil out) increases the hardness. Some people will wipe the tires with methanol, gas, diesel, goat, acrysol, etc to achieve this. I don't personally care for this method as it changes the characteristics of the rubber but have done it in a pinch.

As Hobbs suggested leaving them outside is another option. I only find this effective when you have a decent temperature swing. I wouldn't set them out in the summer sun (direct sunlight) for too long as it will be prone to cracking.

We might be able to help more if you provide additional info. What's the tire you're trying to harden and how much are you trying to harden it by? If you're talking about a new tire punching 56 and you're wanting to get it into the 60's heat cycles (scuffing it on a track that builds heat) will get you there. You can cut the tire thinner to increase duro (not necessarily a preferred option). If you're looking to take a tire punching 45 that has been heavily prepped most of it's life and want to increase 10 points on the duro you're going to struggle.
Just pointing out he states Burris 33s

Back