Has anybody ever tried a nylon

RCZ racer

Just wondering if anybody has ever tried a woman,s knee high nylon to cover there air filter. My girlfriends nylon fit nice and snug and the air flow is great. They are cheap so i can just discard and put a new one on between races. My air filter sits over the RR tire so mud does get on it.

Yep, nylons can give an extra layer of protection but use with the foam over them.
Used them in the past that way. Now use an Outerwears, same result. The price
you pay for a bunch of nylons will pay for the Outerwears.

Here`s a tip - I use a vienna sausage can and stick it in my filter and clamp it then you can swish it by hand back and forth in a bucket of soay water (Dawn) to clean it. No dirt gets inside. Hang to air dry, don`t use compressed air. Also use the can clamped on to store extra filter.

Where.s a good place to get the foam to go around my filter? i tried looking at shop vac filter but none would fit. i have a 4 inch round filter 6 inch tall.

Just about any kart shop sells them, Dover Power is where I got the last bunch of them when they were on sale. 5 new filters and foamies will last me a whole season, just wash them each week between races and hang up to air dry. If you properly oil the filter and the foam outer filter, it will keep dirt out of the engine, either way at least one of the 2 needs to be oiled for it to do its job as a filter. Also pay attention to what type of oil you use on the filter itself, some of the spray oil is made for the nylon outerwear covers only and not made for the paper element in the air filters. Some guys I know use ATF on their foam outer filter as an oil and it works pretty well. Atf is automatic transmission fluid just in case you didn't catch that part.

Back