Have you seen this chassis

hustler

I was scrolling through the chassis forum and ran across one talking about a dominant dirt chassis from the late 90s early 2000s that was eventually banned from competition because of "suspension style" chassis. Does anyone have a clue what chassis this may have been? Also, what is considered suspension on an offset dirt chassis? I always thought of suspension as a swing arm and coil overs, but with it being allowed to run only to be banned later, I can only wonder. I'll keep looking for the forum but after a day of looking, I haven't had any luck. Thanks in advance for any help

Suspension " Springs " on a Oval Off set dirt chassis , That would be the Sidewall of the Tires put on it .
I know the Kart but Sorry Can't think of it right now , If I do I'll be back

Is it Gauntlet " Maybe " I'm not Sure
Jamie HELP !!
Trick full slip joint Joker.
Wiggins cried until WKA banned it.
His dates are wrong it was in 05 or 06 when it was banned.
They continued the Joker line it just didn't have the slip joint on the front hoop.
They also banned Mike Clements Cheyenne chassis that had the big hoop in the LS rail.

Is it Gauntlet " Maybe " I'm not Sure
Jamie HELP !!
I can't remember what thread it was on, and I've tried going back and finding it with no luck. Seems like there were 2 chassis that followed the pattern and both were deemed illegal because of suspension. I can remember what brand they were or who even posted the thread. I was trying to see if I could find a picture and see what all the noise was about but no dice. I'm building a chassis for dirt oval and have a design I've wanted to try for years and have never seen anyone do it. It's a one piece chassis meaning it's NOT 2 separate pieces connected to make a chassis, but don't know if it would be considered suspension or not. Hence the reason I was trying to find the picture of the chassis that were deemed illegal. Just to see if my design and those were the same or similar.

I can't remember what thread it was on, and I've tried going back and finding it with no luck. Seems like there were 2 chassis that followed the pattern and both were deemed illegal because of suspension. I can remember what brand they were or who even posted the thread. I was trying to see if I could find a picture and see what all the noise was about but no dice. I'm building a chassis for dirt oval and have a design I've wanted to try for years and have never seen anyone do it. It's a one piece chassis meaning it's NOT 2 separate pieces connected to make a chassis, but don't know if it would be considered suspension or not. Hence the reason I was trying to find the picture of the chassis that were deemed illegal. Just to see if my design and those were the same or similar.
Trick Joker and Cheyenne but both are different.
Charger made a slip joint but it was legal.
I 2000 WKA banned any adjustment that could be made from the seat, many karts had wedge adjustment with a knob.
They didn't ban any specific karts, just that adjustment.
Here is the Cheyenne
24429-908c3c7cd611a79800551f5b89d649c2.jpg

The trick had a front hoop that wasn't welded to the RS bar, it was allowed to move via the slip joint( tube with the correct ID slid over the rail, and the hoop welded to that piece.)
There are literally a thousand or more chassis designs that have been tried and never released.

I'm surprised that no mainstream mfr. has copied what Wayne Felch did on the frame for the unlimited. His bodywork got the attention, but the frame was just as (or more) innovative.

I'm surprised that no mainstream mfr. has copied what Wayne Felch did on the frame for the unlimited. His bodywork got the attention, but the frame was just as (or more) innovative.
Mike's Cheyenne ran well in the open/unlimited class with the 5th wheel in place.
Desperado built another that ran well in unlimited, another company copied it later, didn't really work in stock classes.
Today they are after 2 different worlds, speed and user friendly.
They all went backwards for awhile with thin wall small tubing, but are now seeing that isn't the best solution long term.

Supposedly the Cheyenne was so fast on Asphalt they banned it almost immediately. But, they attributed it that to the 5th tire. But, it wasn't so hot on dirt from what I had read. No clue really.

@Ted Hamilton , his new kart is pretty wild too. We discussed a few things about it and I completely understand his thinking on some of it. He ran it at the Big O last year and was making some strides with it, but suffered some major engine damage. But, he wasn't the only one to push a Jawa to the breaking point that day. Three Jawa blew up that day, or had major damage. I noticed a few very key details for his newest chassis that are potentially going to be game changers.

Trick full slip joint Joker.
Wiggins cried until WKA banned it.
His dates are wrong it was in 05 or 06 when it was banned.
They continued the Joker line it just didn't have the slip joint on the front hoop.
They also banned Mike Clements Cheyenne chassis that had the big hoop in the LS rail.
I knew the old man would know lol
Thank you kind Sir !!

Back