HBM reaper?

Ducar 212

I'm looking at these reaper tires, I'm just curious how well they do out there, I drive small block open and need a soft tire like a yellow vega or white vega with a stiff sidewall. Nobody runs reapers down in southern Indiana that I know of. I run at miller raceway down in Montgomery Indiana. I thought this would be a good place to ask

I'm looking at these reaper tires, I'm just curious how well they do out there, I drive small block open and need a soft tire like a yellow vega or white vega with a stiff sidewall. Nobody runs reapers down in southern Indiana that I know of. I run at miller raceway down in Montgomery Indiana. I thought this would be a good place to ask
Stay on the yellows. I raced for Jason downey(Ace graphics) for a few years. We won a good bit of small block races when we showed up, up there. If you need help, get ahold of me. This is the body I believe most would remember.

Attachments

• 1000000906.jpg
    1000000906.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Thanks for the advice. I do have 2 sets of rears in those now, but can't seem to find any fronts.
I've looked at prices new and they are insane. Anyways I appreciate the advice. Last year was my first year running out there

they claimed they fixed the dip issue in the tire. ordered a set of the new version, had the biggest dip the center of the tire ive ever seen. called the MFG they sent me a new set same dip. feel like crap but will test on them as they seem to be putting on some big shows and want to be ahead of the curve.

they claimed they fixed the dip issue in the tire. ordered a set of the new version, had the biggest dip the center of the tire ive ever seen. called the MFG they sent me a new set same dip. feel like crap but will test on them as they seem to be putting on some big shows and want to be ahead of the curve.
Extra air and a torch gets rid of the dip, Burris had the same problem many years ago.

Extra air and a torch gets rid of the dip, Burris had the same problem many years ago.
we cut it, swelled it, heated it, etc etc we got most of it out but it's still there. the MFG said they handled the dip with the tire but it's still present is my point.

Yep, Maxxis had a dip too -- it occurs from rapid cooling when they take the tires out of the mold and they are allowed to cool quickly (generally because of rapid production and getting to market.)
Torch or heat gun (my preference) in the dip only and high psi to get it out BEFORE cutting.

OP, stick with Yellows @ Millers. Prep them right and they will fly. 2 ounces Pink Panther right sides, 1 ounce lefts. Wipe them with some BB2.0 outside early in the week and fire them with Monster Bite as a PRW. Run the tires half the season or so, then re-roll them.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
35 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

The reapers are closer to no side-wall. Definitely not a stiff side-wall.

Back