Head gasket

Ive never ran at a track with a gear rule. Does that mean you have to run that gear or that means you cant go below that gear ratio?

Also, there is usually a claimer rule but it never see it used. I think the track should use it. Something like " if you win 2 races in a row" or something to that nature

I haven't ever ran a gear rule either but I wouldn't object to it. One of Millbridge box stock classes uses a 17/62 through 66 or a 16/ 58 through a 62. They are the same gear ratios.
We had a claimer rule year before last but no one claimed any motors. I wish the track would claim motors if they feel something isn't right.
I would jet like to see some motor rules in writing myself. Thanks for the comment.

No. I am just trying to help a track owner write up a good set of Box Stock motor rules. We ran the class year before a last and hope to run it this year. I am looking at the motor rules DNQ and Pennscreek have and trying to use some from both. This is what I have now. Any suggestions.
1.ENGINE MUST BE RAN AS IT CAME OUT OF THE BOX
2.Harbor Freight models 60363 Hemi and 69379 Non Hemi only
3.NO ECCHANGING OR MIXING OF PARTS FROM HEMI OR NON HEMI
4.Engine will be compared to know stock engine of. same model.
5.Governor must be connected and operational. Engine must pass rpm check on stand. Engine must fully surge at or before 5500 rpm. Test will be done with track tach. Three attempts will be made.
6.Carb to remain stock. No modifications. .018 idle jet .030 main.
7.Stock muffler with no modifications.
8.Stock air box. Vent tube may be disconnected.
9.Can drill holes to vent gas cap.
10.Can disconnected oil. sensor.
11.Stock gas tank
12.Stock flywheel with KEYWAY AS INSTALLED FROM FACTORY
13.Springs may be changed to aftermarket 10.8 springs
springs.
Cam lift intake .223 +/-.002
Exhaust + .002/-.005
14.Single probe plug. No flat tip racing plugs.
I would like to see a gear rule. I had settled on a 14/58. Turning around 4800 on the track. Wouldn't know what to suggest on that. Have an ideas or suggestions let me know. Thanks
No porting or decking the head. Must remain stock.

Just realized I got to talking about two different classes. The post started out asking why you would run two head gaskets on a non hemi. This is in our NELA Gulf Coast Predator rules that allows this then somehow I got on Box Stock rules. Sorry for the confusion.

No. I am just trying to help a track owner write up a good set of Box Stock motor rules. We ran the class year before a last and hope to run it this year. I am looking at the motor rules DNQ and Pennscreek have and trying to use some from both. This is what I have now. Any suggestions.
1.ENGINE MUST BE RAN AS IT CAME OUT OF THE BOX
2.Harbor Freight models 60363 Hemi and 69379 Non Hemi only
3.NO ECCHANGING OR MIXING OF PARTS FROM HEMI OR NON HEMI
4.Engine will be compared to know stock engine of. same model.
5.Governor must be connected and operational. Engine must pass rpm check on stand. Engine must fully surge at or before 5500 rpm. Test will be done with track tach. Three attempts will be made.
6.Carb to remain stock. No modifications. .018 idle jet .030 main.
7.Stock muffler with no modifications.
8.Stock air box. Vent tube may be disconnected.
9.Can drill holes to vent gas cap.
10.Can disconnected oil. sensor.
11.Stock gas tank
12.Stock flywheel with KEYWAY AS INSTALLED FROM FACTORY
13.Springs may be changed to aftermarket 10.8 springs
springs.
Cam lift intake .223 +/-.002
Exhaust + .002/-.005
14.Single probe plug. No flat tip racing plugs.
I would like to see a gear rule. I had settled on a 14/58. Turning around 4800 on the track. Wouldn't know what to suggest on that. Have an ideas or suggestions let me know. Thanks
are they going to run at savage again

I don't know. He says he is going to race but no schedule has been posted. I am hoping he does. He runs the Box Stock class which is what I like. We had a good class going. I will let you know if I find out anything.
Did go to Battlecreek last Friday for a play day. They have it fixed up nice. Plan on going the 17th of this month.
Are you going to Sabine Raceway next month?

I don't know. He says he is going to race but no schedule has been posted. I am hoping he does. He runs the Box Stock class which is what I like. We had a good class going. I will let you know if I find out anything.
Did go to Battlecreek last Friday for a play day. They have it fixed up nice. Plan on going the 17th of this month.
Are you going to Sabine Raceway next month?
no i was offshore due to all the rescheduling, but every one said it is fast and it got very blacked over

It was nice. Very smooth surface. It had blacked over a little while I was there but I left early. I think it's going to be good.

Attachments

• 20240204_091527.jpg
    20240204_091527.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 18
Back