Header Braces

CaptJack

I picked up some nice header braces at the OVKA swap meet last year. I went back this year and I could not find them.

They are made of a 3/16 or 1/4 inch Angle Aluminum, either CNC'd or Water Jetted to fit the Animal head and have multiple mounting holes for the braces.

Anybody know where I can get them.

Thanks
Jack Reall

Hey Jack,

We have about 10 of this style, cannot remember where we got and do not use them anymore. If you want one of these let me know.

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_7486.jpg
    IMG_7486.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 107
Should you not be able to find those, Jimbo at Faster Motors has an excellent header brace. I love mine, I consider it the best out there.... Price is great too!
K~

Jimbo made his first (stainless steel). I made a similar brace out of aluminum for a few animals with the multiple mounting holes. Then Vmax made the CNC program and popped out a bunch of them with my logo and several other companies. When I quit selling them, I know PEC was still selling them. Since then, they have been copied I don't know how many times. There were other companies selling copies so I have no idea who had them at the swap meet.

Here is a picture of the header brace Vmax copied for me. If you notice how close the cutout is to the bolt holes, it has to be that way for the new heads. We had to change the design a few years back when the head molds changed. Originally there was more meat around the bolt holes, but when the heads changed, they wouldn't fit the heads.

Animal header brace. by phinishline, on Flickr

XFactor from Charlotte had them at OVKA last year -- so did we. XFactor was not at the OVKA show this year. The braces sold very well, but XFactor got away from doing karting stuff. As far as I know they are no longer available unless you find a dealer that has some old stock sitting on the shelf.

--
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Hey Capt Jack,
B-Man and myself have been making them for a while. We should have plenty if you cant find any.

Dr. T

Toni,

I told Jack on the 21st that the brace he was looking for sounded like the one Bernie made. Not sure when the last time I got any from you as Animal has pretty much been a dead issue here in Midwest for some time. We are selling LO-206 engines as fast as we get them and a header brace is unnecessary as the bracket is part of the spec pipe.

When people do need a brace, we have a very nice one made by LeatherNeck products. It is a very stout steel piece which incorporates a catch can mount.

Mike

Back