Heat shield for jacket

briangoodiel

Like a bunch of people i have a whole burned in the right arm of my jacket. I know what somewhere they sell those aluminized heat sleaves to slide over the arm of the jacket. Anyone know where to get one at a decent price? I found a few of them but for the price, I might as well buy a new jacket. Thanks in advance

I got some stuff called Plumber pad from a welding supply place looks like black felt but doesn't transfer heat or burn short of using a cutting torch. Just had the wife sew it on my jacket on the arm where the other jackets burned.

My brother picked me up a hand guard from the welding shop.. It made to slide over your support hand when stick welding.. I cut the elastic straps off and having the lady that's fixing my coat sew that on top!

Several years ago I bought a heavy fabric sleeve with elastic cuffs at each end--fit over the right arm of the jacket--not attached just slipped over------it worked really well, light, flexible etc. I have no idea where we got it--wish I could find another.

Question why aren't EXH pipes built so they are not right next your arm to burn you in the first place .

Question why aren't EXH pipes built so they are not right next your arm to burn you in the first place .
maybe they're just waiting to see how long it will take for someone to hire a lawyer.

It's obviously a poor design and the 1st kid to get seriously hurt is going to have a lucrative lawsuit pending.
From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory. (Al Nunley)

Back