help with junior driver setup (scaling)

And when you say check right side tires to which is out more do they need to be even or one out farther than the other? Right now I know the rf is in bout 1/2 compared to rr

And when you say check right side tires to which is out more do they need to be even or one out farther than the other? Right now I know the rf is in bout 1/2 compared to rr

10 Right, 7 Left Castor

What I would do is suck both front tires in as far as they go. Then measure the track width.

Then set the RR 1/4" off the frame, and move the LR in/out so that the rear track width measurement is the same as the front.

It is hard to "square" right side tires, as different karts have different offsets from RF to RR

You guys are great. Sorry for all the nube questions but I got one more. I'll do the 10 7 caster but are you saying 7 lf 10 rf ? Just want to clarify thanks

Yes that's what there saying 7 L 10 R, I won't comment on the right side tire alignment cause I'm not sure what Joey is looking for, Take JWD and JPM karting advise they know more about champs.

Good Luck !!

The right side alignment was just for a reference point. As JPM said there are many different offsets. Knowing the Right Front Inset, and the minimum front track width gives you some idea of how much offset the kart has. From that you can see how the kart is supposed to work.

JPM's advice on setting the right side tires: RF all the way in, RR 1/4" off the hanger, is correct for most designs.

41.5 is all I can get out of front. It is in as far as it will go now, so I widened the rear with the rr 1/4 out I slid lr all the way out and that made 40.5 so they are alot closer than they were but way wider than said. I looked at other wheels I have and they are same offsets on it now. So can't go that route.

41.5 is all I can get out of front. It is in as far as it will go now, so I widened the rear with the rr 1/4 out I slid lr all the way out and that made 40.5 so they are alot closer than they were but way wider than said. I looked at other wheels I have and they are same offsets on it now. So can't go that route.

Not that it will matter for right now, but in the future you may want to look for a Rage "FLIP" LF Wheel. It sucks the LF in overtop of the Kingpin

Thanks a bunch guys we ran last night and the snapping loose was gone. He still wanted to climb the track but wasn't spinning out so I was tickled.

Scaled at
Front 45.5
Left 52
Cross 52.8
Caster 7-10
Now my question is he says the cart is physically hard to turn left. Could caster camber be too much or not enough for junior driver? 6yr old maybe 40 pounds. Of couse it could just be him but he cosistently climbed higher and higher till he would hit edge of track. Thanks again though he had alot more fun and made better laps with your guys help.

Driving a kart does not come naturally, it takes work and conditioning. Give him time.

If you have multiple holes to mount the steering links in, use the ones closer to the spindle.

Yes that's what there saying 7 L 10 R, I won't comment on the right side tire alignment cause I'm not sure what Joey is looking for, Take JWD and JPM karting advise they know more about champs.

Good Luck !!
I know old thread but are those castor numbers positive or negative? Even the setup sheets from Rage dont say what is positive or negative. So should I assume everything is moved only positive? It also says the right spindle is a 9 degree spindle and the left is a 7 degree spindle. So does that mean at the neautral setting that there is 9 degrees of camber and 7 degrees of camber? It also talks about your KPI being centered. What does KPI mean? I do know that currently my daughters LF camber is all the way as positive as it will go. Not sure if thats a goos thing or not.

Attachments

• Image (1).jpeg
    Image (1).jpeg
    121.4 KB · Views: 19
positive caster .
the cambers look wrong but i don't run champs or wing kart .
typically its left positive .5-1.5 right negative negative 2-3.5 with an excess at 4 *

Back