hemi flat top and arc rod

intimidator3

Will an arc rod from a clone fit on a hemi flat top piston? I know it won't fit on a predator crank but I am wanting to put a clone crank in a predator and don't want to buy a wiseco.

Go for it, you will be about .040-.045 in the hole with the clone crank, stock length Arc rod and hemi flat top in it, but if you put a 69730 predator stock dish piston in it, you will be .020 closer to the deck instead in the hole since the dish piston is a little taller. Depends on what your trying to build the engine for.

been told that you can get closer to zero deck if you get the 20 over clone rod...the rod/crank/psiton combo is something that i've been kicking around....it makes it a 208 versus 212, but it's still a viable motor combo!

are the dimensions the same for the 730 block? i've got a brand new 730 short block that i want to mess with....

cool....i'm got some ideas in mind that will either run like a buzzard after a meat wagon, launch the thing into space or scatter parts all down the front straight!

I have a plus .20 rod with a plus stroked crank. I was setting flush in a clone. Where would I be in a predator? Does it matter if I buy the hemi or the newer? Also what are the differences between the hemi and the newer predator? Buying one this weekend and trying to figure which one I want.

the biggest differences are the head and the cams. the 730 has the "normal" valve and spark plug locations....whereas the hemi head has the valves canted slightly toward the center of the combustion chamber and the spark plug sits almost between them. the nicest difference is in the cams. the hemi accepts any clone cam, but the 730 uses a predator specific cam. putting the 20 over rod along with the stroker crank should bring you up to almost if not slightly over, zero deck. I don't know the exact measurements so I guess the best thing would be to mock it up and see where your at.

the hemi also carries a stock flat top that looks just like a wiseco. the best combo would be the hemi with the 730 head, but barring spending the money for two engines, I would have to say that the 730 would be better for your swap. this would give you the best head with the advantages of the clone rod/crank with the size of the predator piston....

just my way of thinkin!!

You could buy one of each engine, put the RTC-6 head off the 69730 predator onto the Hemi bottom end, then put the hemi head on the 69730 bottom end. Keep the hemi bottom end and Rtc-6 head engine and return the other one for your money back. Best bang for your buck right there

You could buy one of each engine, put the RTC-6 head off the 69730 predator onto the Hemi bottom end, then put the hemi head on the 69730 bottom end. Keep the hemi bottom end and Rtc-6 head engine and return the other one for your money back. Best bang for your buck right there

Do you really feel that would be an honest business transaction. How would you react if you were trying to operate a business if your customers were purchasing products from you, taking them home modifying them and then expecting a refund. How will you feel if you purchase an engine take it home and find out that Bubba and his dog have dismantled it mix and matched parts to his liking and then returned it to the store.

I do not see any way this is a legitimate, honest suggestion, if you do feel this is legitimate you can never complain about price increases or customer return policies being changed to no returns tough luck.

That's stealing

Weddle you told us you were in the farm gate business, with your business model all a State needs to do is have you fix one farmers gate, and then every farmer from far and wide come and install their broken hinge, call you get you to fix it under warranty. Wait a month and do it again. HMMM sounds like a legit plan as you did say it was a profitable business for you.

"Zack"....I didn't know yoy were a REDNECK....?? :)

Do you really feel that would be an honest business transaction. How would you react if you were trying to operate a business if your customers were purchasing products from you, taking them home modifying them and then expecting a refund. How will you feel if you purchase an engine take it home and find out that Bubba and his dog have dismantled it mix and matched parts to his liking and then returned it to the store.

I do not see any way this is a legitimate, honest suggestion, if you do feel this is legitimate you can never complain about price increases or customer return policies being changed to no returns tough luck.

That's stealing

Credibility lost on this one

unless i miss the boat, i don't think that weddle racing was serious about swapping and returning. while there are some very unscruplous people in the world today, i would like to think that there are honest people out there. but, this is like buying the motor, racing it and blowing it all over the track, and taking it back as "defective". i guess it's the cop and honesty thing coming out in me because i tell the store from the start when asked about the extended warranty that i'm using the motor for racing purposes and decline the extra.

losing credibility and having folks think that your dishonest is the kiss of death if you are trying to build or maintain a business.....any business....be it fixing gates or building race engines....

or if your just trying to be a good person......to everyone........

So guys blowing these engines up, then returning them for the warranty is better? Dont say it doesnt happen, it happens all the time, just like it did with clones until HF caught onto it.

unless i miss the boat, i don't think that weddle racing was serious about swapping and returning. while there are some very unscruplous people in the world today, i would like to think that there are honest people out there. but, this is like buying the motor, racing it and blowing it all over the track, and taking it back as "defective". i guess it's the cop and honesty thing coming out in me because i tell the store from the start when asked about the extended warranty that i'm using the motor for racing purposes and decline the extra.

losing credibility and having folks think that your dishonest is the kiss of death if you are trying to build or maintain a business.....any business....be it fixing gates or building race engines....

or if your just trying to be a good person......to everyone........

It was just an idea, didnt expect folks to lose their hat over it though, considering what people use to do with the clones when they blew them up, and probably still do with the predators when they blow up.

Back