hemi vs honda piston

mater

Site Supporter
How does the hemi piston compare with the honda piston for measurements? Can you run a honda in a hemi block is what I need to know. If not what are the problems? I need a piston that is a little shorter. Thanks Mark

Dia. 70mm predator. 68mm honda gx200. The hemi predator generally has a .020" shorter piston height(wrist pin cl to top of piston) and thicker gasket to compensate for the flat top. I'm still learning to Mater. Have you got one that was decked to much? Most are looking and installing a longer billet rod to get the shorter hemi piston up higher. Don't know man. Keep talking and maybe someone with more knowledge(and sense) than me will chime in. Take Care....

Just throwing things out. If you have to much piston pop up due to decking to much on the block or a longer billet rod, the cheapest fix is a thicker head gasket. Take Care..

The Honda piston won't fit. Like Al said, not even close. OP, tell us what you're working with... Honda block, Hemi block?

The predator is .080 larger than the Honda. Honda doesn't make a piston that will fit in the predator. Gotta go aftermarket like j.e or wiseco if you want a good piston.

Its a hemi block. Wanting to stroke it without buying a different rod. I had heard different pistons gave different pop-up. Just looking for something shorter to play with. Im building a crank grinder and need toys.

Back