hh

RPM's have now come into the debate, which was my point in mentioning GEARING earlier, I realized you didn't change it but it had gearing combo on it when you ran it, So I would now think tires and different conditions had some effect as well, Or am I missing the fact you didn't actually make multiple runs and once you got to and maintained full throttle for a certain length of time, then you saw the different results ?
or was those runs only on a dyno .

He is running long wot pulls on asphalt. On a given run he is running wot until 58mph where it quits pulling and stays at that mph for say 10-15 seconds, then all of a sudden it climbs 6 more mph (along with the increase in rpms) all the while holding the pedal to the floor

I guess I'll exit the discussion too.
Sorry to bother you guys. I didn't know it ran so deep.
Lol dont take it personal. Sometimes there is confusion in a texted application. Hence one reason I dont communicate by texting. Too much can be misinterpreted on the other end than its intended purpose.

Lol dont take it personal. Sometimes there is confusion in a texted application. Hence one reason I dont communicate by texting. Too much can be misinterpreted on the other end than its intended purpose.
You're the only one who seemed to understand. Sorry but I'm out. Have a good one.

Hate to see you give it up so easily and even more so hate to leave a (potential) problem unsolved/unanswered.

Take this with you though. Try a .028 low and .044-.046 main. Throw a cheap flatslide 24mm from amazon and see the affects. May even be some power to be gained since you are on gas with a 390

05 Prowler, You took the time to make this post and I also invested into it with my own opinions about your questions. You should not of deleted all of information that was being accumulated here.

The original question .
Why after 1/2 mile of full throttle run at 54 mph .
it stays there for 10-12 seconds then gains 6 mph .
I had a simmilar issue years ago .
331 small block chevy tri power
would not leave the line always stumbled after much fiddling , no solid results .
Then one day out of the blue it worked as expected .
I had no answer why then and now 52 years later still do not understand what changed .

Back