hilliard blaze clutch

mark1

have new clutch looking for tuning tips for LO206 kart run on pavement what color springs to start with and /or weights to add ? thx

Ok thx for info would it be better to add some weight to lower engagement . for turns, hairpins, ect ? I know I will need to test at track . with the fury I have 2 white and 2 black . maybe I should switch to all white

You want the clutch set to peak torque. No other setting will do better than that. Trust me. Find out at what rpm your engine reaches peak torque and set the clutch up to hold the engine at that RPM on the starts.

If the clutch is set to hold the engine at peak torque, that means the torque is transferred to the rear axle through the chain. With the maximum amount of torque at the rear axle, you have the maximum HP at the rear axle. Torque X rpm/5252.1 = horsepower.

Al is correct, Peak torque for any engine is what you want. According to the briggs torque curve chart that is at about 3900-4000 for the 206. Engaging slightly above that is what you are looking for. Go by the hilliard table to start and fine tune using the watch. There is also a table for the fury but you are still looking at peak torque at the same rpm if your fury is on a 206.

Al is correct, Peak torque for any engine is what you want. According to the briggs torque curve chart that is at about 3900-4000 for the 206. Engaging slightly above that is what you are looking for. Go by the hilliard table to start and fine tune using the watch. There is also a table for the fury but you are still looking at peak torque at the same rpm if your fury is on a 206.
If it's not too much trouble, could you explain to me why you would want to engage the clutch above peak torque, I'm assuming you mean a higher rpm?

And while we're on the subject, has anybody tried the old bathroom scale trick to confirm that the engine reaches peak torque where Briggs says it does?

Maybe my terminology is incorrect. There is an rpm drop as the clutch begins to engage. I say engage or begin to engage above that so that the lock up is at peak torque.

Back