Holy Moses carb

Dover makes a good carb, if your looking for what is the actual difference, ie what they do to them.. you'll be hard pressed to find anyone giving any real info. the dyno results from the testing of different carbs Sneaks did on the old site.... Dovers carb preformed well against the others. cant remember but somewhere in the top3 or better.

So the name is just the name dover gives their carb not a different brand or anything.

do you not remember Robin saying to Batman, "holy Moses Batman." In response to some amazing thing that had just happened. "Holy Moses, that's a great carb"!!! Same thing. Just a tricky marketing ploy. The name, not the carb. For all I know, and from what I've heard here on Bob's, it is a good carb.

I've done a few WB3's for the KT100 in my day. What I have found is; on a normal day, when the temperature is not high and there are no big demands placed on the carb, a non-blue printed carb, if jetted for the ambient conditions, i.e. air density, can keep up with the very best blueprinted carb in all but one area, the carb bore. If the bore is near maximum, more air can flow. More air, mixed with the proper amount of fuel, is always better. Thing is, the difference in bore, between a stock carb and a blueprinted carb, can be very small. Bigger is always better, if done correctly, but sometimes that difference is very minimal.

"Mixed with the proper amount of fuel" is the really important thing. Some would like you to think that air density is not important, but it is, and, by the way, it's very important. Some would like you to think that "drilling" jets is okay, but it's not. Reaming jets, while not the most ideal way of sizing them, is how you should size jets. A difference in hole size of only .0002" makes right at a 1% change in hole area if you start with a .039" jet. A .001" change in jet size makes about a 5% difference in area with a .039" jet. According to Longacre, a 1% change in air density requires a 1% change in jet size. I believe this to be a fact, not a theory.

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory. (Al Nunley)

The difference is that the holy Moses carbs and other carb done by other builders have been gone thru and blueprinted to the max legal specs. Which means, venturi will be bored to .615, air circuits worked, thinnest legal butterfly and throttle shaft, cleanest and smoothest casting, butterfly position tweaked, and anything else that particular carb needs to get the most performance out of it.

So the name is just the name dover gives their carb not a different brand or anything.

True. It's a standard clone carb worked by Dover. One of the best carbs out there.

Just bolt it on and when you hit the gas you will be screaming "Holy Mosses this thing is fast"

Back