home made trie prep?

Wondering if any one would share there recipe for some homemade prep
burris tires ss11 22 33 im looking for something to get them soft my track
is dry and dusty...

Soft is usually a bad thing on dry and dusty, and typically will want 33's punching in the 50's (some places need worked 55's). If you need soft, that's where the 11's and 22's come into play.

Homebrew wise, nobody is really giving any of that information out. Pick a prep that is recommended for dusty tracks, and most importantly - don't over use it.

Scottie

I have to Agree with Scottie if Dry of course gonna go Dusty ( and USUALLY HARD ) so SOFTER is not where it's at, most likely 33's around 50, 50 / 50 mix of Blacksand and Topaz is as good of a Dry Dusty prep as I've ever seen used.

Good Luck !!

Scottie is right on with what he said I see a lot of people going the wrong way with tires with that kind of a track you think you need a soft tire but its actually the other way around. Im not sure if you run a burris only tire track but if not you can try the yellow vega's they will work for that kind also I did a lot of test with vegas for about 2 years and learned a lot and I had them working on tracks that was a choice of maxxis and would win with vegas in a diff kinds of situations

80% isopar g, 15% dbp, 5% dimethyl siloxane. There is a home brew for ya. Good luck getting the last 2. ��

There are LOTS of homebrews - some even work some of the time. Most started out as homebrews.

Rather than experiment and ruin a lot of tires, my personal opinion is to get with someone who knows tires and preps and get on their program - whoever it is. I've got my own preferences, but there are lots of good "commercial" preps available and even more guys out there that really understand them.

If we can be of any help answering questions on our prep line or tire program, please feel free to contact us here at the shop.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back