Homemade Tire Prep

DRC21

Has Anyone Had The Experience Of Messing With A Prep Forumla Of 50% Toulene And 50% Xylene.
Because Im Going To Make My Own Tire Prep. To Expensive For Me To Buy It.

Xylene & Toluene: Think soft dry pencil eraser.

Ruining tires would seem to me to be much more expensive than buying a product that works.

If you need help, give me a call. I'd be glad to help you with our prep line, and most others, that could curb some costs rather than buying 49 flavors and experimenting.

--
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

As Brian said this will soften tires, but it also will draw the natural oils out of the rubber. I used Zylol from Lowes and its the same mixture your talking about. It softened them real good but really dried them out and they would get harder after a few days. Then they got so dry the rubber started to crack. Brian has some good preps that are very easy to use. It will be more cost effective to get a duro dropper and tire conditioner from him and save your tires, than buy a new set of tires after running the ones you got. I spent $50 dollars on his Pink panther conditioner and his monster duro droppera quart of each, and they are lasting quite a while.

Hey brain inside prep man told me to use Gk-1 with track tac red mixed 50/50 will this work

That combination will soften if that's what you want to do. Even still, I think TT has better products for softening than those or even mixing those.
I'm not sure if you meant inside prepping or not -- I wouldn't use those preps inside at all....unless you are wanting to soften the sidewalls and lower the spring rate a ton also.

Back