Hot Lap help

I am rolling Maxxis tire in the original hot lap prep. The tires get to about a 50 and won't drop anymore. Is there something I can add to the prep to make the tires drop to around a 45 other than goat?

How much are you rolling in the tire? You can roll them with heat to get the prep deeper into the tire and drop the duro more, but how much depends on how much you are rolling, 30cc, 60cc ect...

3 oz = 90cc. 50 on the duro should be close to what they should be with 90 cc. Have you tried putting more prep inside tire? If you have and that didnt work then its prob the prep is not aggressive enough. My inside prep for maxxix t3s is on the agressive side and drops the tire 2-3 pts on duro per ounce or 30 cc. If you have anymore questions or if there is anything else I can help you with. Let me know or give me a call. (478) 231 1555.

ROB PEACOCK RACING SERVICES

MASTER GRIP PREPS

REAL DEAL TIRES

If you don't have a way to roll with heat, try rerolling them with 60cc and wipe them with a few coats also. But I would be trying to find a way to get some heat to the tires while you roll, have seen guys use a space heater or even the square 500w work lights and sit them a couple feet from the tires, those work lights put off a good bit of heat, but a couple of small space heaters would work also. Doesn't have to be hot, just get some heat into them, around 100*

There's nothing wrong with using Goat when you have to.
I've got tires from 2012 that have had only Goat used on them and I still run them sometimes.
HotLap drops my Maxxis too low if I'm not careful.
Never had a problem w/HL not lowering duro enough.

I would not keep saturating the tire with Hot Lap Original. That product is not made to soften, if you are wanting to get in the mid 40's you are using the wrong treatment all together. Hot Lap Original should be used on high bite tracks where you are needing a tire in the mid to upper 50's. If you use any Track Tac products I would recommend the GK1 Blue. Since you do not want to use goat Im guessing it is too aggressive for your track, the Gk1 Blue is a awesome "medium" treatment. If you have any questions you can always give me a call whether you are using our products or not.

Back