How many races on Vega Yellows

ScarletDave

So I bought a brand new set of Vega Yellows a while back and ran them in 2 race days at Chapel Hill in NY, practice 2 heats and features. I want to run another asphalt oval race or 2 this season. Are these tires still good? Are they at risk of blowing, gonna be super slow, or still have a chance to be somewhat competitve? Thanks

Dave

I run 1/5 mile pavement oval, I get 7 race weekends out of my RR, about 9 out of a LF, and all season (20+ races) out of lefts on Vega Yellows. When they are done, you will know it- they are good then gone

You may want to flip the right sides after Chapel Hill....track is very fast and hard on tires because there isn't much rubber on it. If you heat gun them real good and maybe spray some WD-40 on them this winter they should be ok.
Where do you plan to do the races? Some tracks suffer alittle older tires better then others.

Vega yellows come in "thick" and "thin's" The thins are only good for a race or two. The thicks run good until the threads show! I wouldn't prep them if you're running on asphalt.

Thanks for the feedback! Really helps. Looking to run once at Poughkeepsie and maybe a race down at wall Stadium in NJ

Back