How many times can reroll inside maxxis ht3

It wouldn't be quite that simple just how many times can you re-roll them , it would be little more detailed how often can you re - roll with out manipulating the sidewall to much , Tire sidewall is pretty much the same as springs on a racing car , so If your making good speed , kart responding well you wouldn't want to re-roll just because, plus once the edges are to rounded off , and the tread is worn to much, so it wouldn't make much sense to do so.

Regarding prepping...imo...there are NO right or wrong answers...if anything, knowing how to read track conditions and then applying prepping amounts/frequency/types is your answer...there is no one who can be 100% accurate on those...it takes alot of trial and error...many will give you "rule of thumb advice"...but like I said, there's no way of knowing if that advice applies correctly to your track and the track conditions there at any given moment...imo you'd be better off trying to team up with others who race at your track that are consistent up front runners...granted some will help, some won't, that's where making friends instead of enemies at the track becomes so important...jmo

Maxxis. Burris and Vega are very rarely rolled inside, and hardly ever re rolled.
I'll have to disagree with ya on the Vegas being "very rarely rolled inside," James.
We roll almost all of our Vegas (dirt and pavement) internally and our Vega tire program has been very successful for many years now. Agreed that they don't get re-rolled much, they are usually worn out before they get to that point. :)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

How/Why, what do we look for to know they need re-rolled? speaking in general on tires not just karts
Duro reading mainly. If its an aggressively wiped tire and has hardened up I would just wipe the outside to get the duro down. The main reason to reroll Maxxis tires is to get a harder, tougher tire back in the duro range you are looking for without having to load the external with prep to achieve the same result. 2 tires punching 45 with one done from the outside and one done from the inside are 2 completely different tires.

Duro reading mainly. If its an aggressively wiped tire and has hardened up I would just wipe the outside to get the duro down. The main reason to reroll Maxxis tires is to get a harder, tougher tire back in the duro range you are looking for without having to load the external with prep to achieve the same result. 2 tires punching 45 with one done from the outside and one done from the inside are 2 completely different tires.
Best explanation i have seen on the subject . (y)

How/Why, what do we look for to know they need re-rolled? speaking in general on tires not just karts

Duro reading mainly. If it's an aggressively wiped tire and has hardened up, I would just wipe the outside to get the duro down. The main reason to reroll Maxxis tires is to get a harder, tougher tire back in the duro range you are looking for without having to load the external with a prep to achieve the same result. 2 tires punching 45 with one done from the outside and one done from the inside are 2 completely different tires.
Best explanation i have seen on the subject . (y)

Remember that Chris can be reached on weekdays by calling 336-474-3500

Back