How to disassemble Yamaha kt100s

I think i need to learn alot on english engine words... I know them in Norwegian, but have problems explaining them in detail :)
Anyway, ive got all the questions i needed answered. Thanks alot guys, helps me alot!

Not trying to be mean at all, just helpful, but IMO if you don´t know the difference between 2 and 4 cycle engines you should let someone else go through your engine, stay around and pay attention so you can learn. Not all of us are mechanics, we all had to learn at some point, but it takes time and racing engines require more precision because of extra performance.

I can only think of one special tool needed? (Puller for the ignition rotor/flywheel) Other than that just a couple of metric sockets and a couple of metric allen wrenches? Oh, and a torque wrench for assembly. I think the KT is a pretty simple engine and maybe a good learner? Take notice of the cylinder base gasket thickness and you will need to set the gap on the ignition rotor when you put it back together. I dont consider myself an engine builder by any means. But I can rebuild a KT without any issues. The lower rod bearing now thats another thing totally, take that to a pro. You will need a press and get the crank aligned correctly. But anybody who does dirtbike cranks should be able? Good Luck and Have Fun!

Didn't read through the whole disassemble thread, but passing on a tip from Mark Bergfelt.

To remove the bearings, get yourself an old hot plate. Set the mounted bearing on the hot plate bearing down and turn the hot plate on.

We were just sitting there doing other stuff and like magic, CLUNK the bearing falls out.

Back