How to managing Maxxis tires.

strong08

I typically run burris tires and interested in doing some maxxis racing, so with that being said I have a few questions.
1) what is the best way to have a variety of tires from soft to harder, if I roll them and don't use them this weekend will they still be good enough to use the next week.
2)About how many laps can be put on a ht-3 before having to throw it away.
3) how long is the inside prep good for.
4) Can you put to much prep on the outside of the tire at the track and still be good.
Is the EL's the same way.
Thanks

Some help:
Answer #1 - You should know somewhat beforehand if you need a soft or hard tire, see what that tendency of the track is. Soft track, anywhere from 75cc-150cc depending how soft usually. Hard track, anywhere from 30cc-100cc depending how hard. One week of not racing they should still be good, and on a hard track may even be better. Of course racing in summer or winter plays a big part in this also, winter on a hard track you may have 150cc in tire.

Answer #2 - This will depend A LOT on type of track, and how good of a prep program you have.

Answer #3 - Depends on what type on internal you use to how long it will last.

Answer #4 - Yes you can over prep at track, and that will not be a good thing.

Lastly, Els are different tire, do not soften them, they last a long time, and yes you can also over prep them at the track.

Thanks a lot, I have to sets on ht-3 I ran them in January at Dawgwood. I put pink inside in them and I used goat while I was there. They sit until March I re-rolled a once inside again. I used a new set at Dumplin Valley at the tri-state I rolled about 90cc in them and on the outside I tried several different things on them. I don't know if it was the track or what but the set I ran at Dawgwood was about 2 tenths slower than the new set I used at Dumplin, the dawgwood set was about 5-8 points softer. Was it that the tires where used up or something else. Would you take these tires to a bigger race or get some new ones. It probably will be later in the summer or fall before I will be attending another Maxxis race.

They were slower because they were softer. Once you use goat on a set, they will always be a goat set. They will not be any good at a big race unless it rains.

Back