How to remove sealed low mixture screw

On my Hondas I just grab the cap with a pair of side cutters and just pull the cap off. There's a slotted head under that cap if it's the same thing as the Honda carb with the little tang sticking off of the side.

drill it. Heat with a torch to heat the junk up they sealed it with. Then use easy out pretty quick after you get done heating it. It has to get pretty hot. And be sure to remove low speed jet and any other plastic parts that are close

drill it. Heat with a torch to heat the junk up they sealed it with. Then use easy out pretty quick after you get done heating it. It has to get pretty hot. And be sure to remove low speed jet and any other plastic parts that are close

I don't think easy out come that small.

Anyone ever have any luck removing sealed low mixture screw . I have 2 carbs hoping to get out.

SEE post #5 above
your opinion may vary.

Last edited:
That's how I have removed all that I have done so far. Just don't put the easy out in and start heating. They can get to hot a twist. But after it is broke loose a little bit of heat to help it won't hurt as you are backing it out.

^^^Exactly what I do.

Back