How to take out bite

Wipe some track tac black sand on the tires just before you go to the grid, dont let it dry. It will take some bite out of the tires

actually it does take some bite out of the tire, i have ran a tire that was overprepped and had too much bite, came in, wiped black sand just before going back to the track, the tire was still greasy when i sit it down on the grid, and that helped a ton in the race. Wasnt perfect, but it wasnt biting too much like it was before. So it did take some bite out of the tires. Thats one reason people dont use black sand at the track, cuz if it does not dry fully it gives the tire less bite instead of more bite like it would if it dried. Not trying to argue with you at all Troy, just being honest with what works for me when i need to take some bite out of the tires. But, sun and time does work also if you have the time to do it, i meant black sand works for a quick fix at the track. Try it sometime, you might be surprised.

I dont think i "removes" the bite thats in the tire, but more or less keeps the tire from making as much bite as it would without the black sand on it

I also agree with you.

It depends on the situation and what you want. In the long run with plenty of time, sun and time will work. Last minute at the track wiping a coat of Black sand will remove grip due to the prep not drying and leaving the greasiness behind.

Taken from Track Tac PDF
The other thing, that is possibly the strangest, is that not only can Track Tac® Black Sand
be used to build bite, it can also be used to reduce bite. A fresh coat of Track Tac® Black
Sand used track side, with little time to dry and not enough time to cure, can actual be
used to reduce the bite of a tire. This is mainly used on hot summer days, on a hot, dry,
high bite track. A fresh coat of Track Tac® Black Sand, with just barely enough time to dry,
will cut some of the bite in the tire in many cases.

Exactly what i was trying to get at, wasnt trying to say that it actually removes bite from the tires, just that it was a quick fix to make the tires have less bite in a situation where you have either overprepped or tires are biting too much. I have used it several times for that exact reason, mainly when i first started racing and overprepped some tires a few times trying to learn tires. Thanks for posting that

You never have too much bite, you may have the wrong duro for what the track calls for, but never too much bite.

You can have too much bite in the tire, to the point that you feel the tire overbiting thru the turns, i have had that problem before. Maybe not where your from, but it is possible to have too much bite or to overprep the tires.

LOL,the new tire god has spoken
You can have too much bite in the tire, to the point that you feel the tire overbiting thru the turns, i have had that problem before. Maybe not where your from, but it is possible to have too much bite or to overprep the tires.

LOL,the new tire god has spoken

I have never claimed to be any kind of "tire god", why are you being so harsh toward just about anything i say in this thread? All i did was offer some advice to the guy which has worked for me in the past, im not acting like i know everything about tires, or about anything for that matter, just trying to help the guy with a quick solution that may help his problem. Im not sure what your issue is with me here honestly. Obviously by reading the other post by ABR#69, i am not the only one who has tried the black sand and had success with it helping take some bite out of the tires when needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never claimed to be any kind of "tire god", why are you being so harsh toward just about anything i say in this thread? All i did was offer some advice to the guy which has worked for me in the past, im not acting like i know everything about tires, or about anything for that matter, just trying to help the guy with a quick solution that may help his problem. Im not sure what your issue is with me here honestly. Obviously by reading the other post by ABR#69, i am not the only one who has tried the black sand and had success with it helping take some bite out of the tires when needed. It was simply a suggestion, not to spark an arguement with a moderator and get myself banned for no reason other than trying to help a fellow racer. That last comment was a little uncalled for.

I agree with Weddle here, just trying to help someone with his own opinion with what worked for Weddle... So if your opinion is diff. than a Mod. on here (not sure who the Mods. are except fastbraden11) you can get banned from here:(??? That sux cause seems braden was hammerin' on Weddle here... I'm new to karting but willing to listen to all end every opinion right now:)

my apology for hurting your feelings
I have never claimed to be any kind of "tire god", why are you being so harsh toward just about anything i say in this thread? All i did was offer some advice to the guy which has worked for me in the past, im not acting like i know everything about tires, or about anything for that matter, just trying to help the guy with a quick solution that may help his problem. Im not sure what your issue is with me here honestly. Obviously by reading the other post by ABR#69, i am not the only one who has tried the black sand and had success with it helping take some bite out of the tires when needed. It was simply a suggestion, not to spark an arguement with a moderator and get myself banned for no reason other than trying to help a fellow racer. That last comment was a little uncalled for.

braden didnt make the quote....i did ...his dad,,,,its a debate on bite,weddle has his thoughts and i have mine.tire god should be looked as a compliment
I agree with Weddle here, just trying to help someone with his own opinion with what worked for Weddle... So if your opinion is diff. than a Mod. on here (not sure who the Mods. are except fastbraden11) you can get banned from here:(??? That sux cause seems braden was hammerin' on Weddle here... I'm new to karting but willing to listen to all end every opinion right now:)

Back