how too clean an old pipe

I made a tray, and bought 2 gallons of Sea Foam. Let it soak for a day or two, take it out, drain it, submerge again, drain, blow it out with air hose, put seafoam back into containers for next time. Cleans them very very well.

Find an automotive machine shop and ask to have it "Hot tanked" it will be very nice after that. If their tank has got good chemicals in it, it will be perfect. Need to leave it in at least 24hrs. Good luck.

Go to boat store buy some aluminum and metal hull cleaner. It will take it back to clean metal. Use rubber chemical gloves this stuff makes tire prep look tame. Wipe on wait and wipe off rust grit grime anything but bare metal is gone in minutes. My son thought his pipe was old due to rust and gunk a few wipes on muffler poof shiny new metal. Been using it on things for years. It is a light green transparent liquid. It is fast and easy and goes a long way my bottle is 6 years old. Follow directions for what not to use it on.

Eagle One wheel etching and a plastic/container tote take the spray nozzle off and pour the whole bottle in and add water to submerge overnight the next day remove and immediately use WD 40 and compress air blow it dry . Back to bare metal inside and out . Works for insides of metal fuel tanks that rust also .We would buy Eagle One wheel etching by the case at the Honda Motorcycle dealership I worked at just for fuel tanks and pipes and nothing else.

In Spain we always used the torch during my FIA/CIK years. Then lube and it will have a nice metal color. Some people preferred to use some special heat resistant black paint that actually came on some of them from factory.

Still another Gem technique is to follow the same process above with good old 2 liters of CocaCola brand Coke, but NOT longer than 1 or 2 days bc the Coke will eat right though & desolve holes in ur pipe that u never had before !!

amazing that Coke never has dissolved the aluminum can it comes in or for that matter the original steel can it came in until the late '70s.
pour 2 liters of Coke in a bucket and let it sit for 2 days. The fizze goes away , the water evaporates and you end up with a sugar syrup (which is used in indoor races for traction compound) very low in the acid ph range.
urban legend
Which is why coke was used, by some, to remove rust stains from metal. Even weak acids corrode metal. Often even plain water will do damage. Carbon dioxide combines with water to create carbonic acid - this happens in carbonated drinks as well. The acid helps oxygen grab on to the metal, which liberates electrons and changes the entire structure of the metal to rust. This is why carbon dioxide increases in the atmosphere lead to 'acid rain' that eats away at structures. The thing is, acids will eat away at rust, often faster than they will at metal. A strong enough acid will grab oxygen right off of the rust molecules. Commercial rust cleaners have strong acids in them, but they require attention so they don't corrode metal as well, and aren't always on hand. So people would sometimes put rusty nails or other metal in coca cola for some time to dissolve the rust without dissolving the nails themselves. Even a long soak in coke will leave a nail in need of a little scrubbing to get the last of the rust off, but it won't hurt the nail in the least. People who weren't in on the trick noticed coca cola taking off rust, and figured it would dissolve a nail as well. Coke, in part, got this reputation not because it will dissolve nail, but because it won't.

BS about Coke link.

I just eluded to the fact that I did it that way HELLO !

I use a wood/coal combo BBQ regulate consistent heat & you use a gas but essentially the same.

Am I the only one that does this in the gas grill. I usuilly cook it on high at 525 for about 10 minutes. Let it cool on it own and tap and blow everything out. Works great.

In Germany if we had engines that had been sitting for some years we'd fill it with liters of coca cola & in a few days the engines would free up & turn; then we'd rinse & fill them up with diesel for a few days & shake & finally repeating the process again with ATF & gasoline & drain a few times to get them clean then finalize them with a few quarts of 30wt motor oil & a few cap fulls of marvel mystery oil for storage again. worked great for rusty-gummed or stuck motors JMHO. Hope this helps

In Germany if we had engines that had been sitting for some years we'd fill it with liters of coca cola & in a few days the engines would free up & turn; then we'd rinse & fill them up with diesel for a few days & shake & finally repeating the process again with ATF & gasoline & drain a few times to get them clean then finalize them with a few quarts of 30wt motor oil & a few cap fulls of marvel mystery oil for storage again. worked great for rusty-gummed or stuck motors JMHO. Hope this helps

Used this very method once. It does work. Had a young woman who NEVER changed oil in her Camry. Freed it up. Went 50,000 more miles before it finally gave up! Lol

Back