How would you prep for a extreme dry slick sealed track?

Since the op is from upstate NY. Maybe if they let us know what track it is there is more than likely someone on here that runs that particular track that could help shed some light on the situation.
Can am in upstate ny. But ya dont go to weedsport because i cant afford the tires to use there lol.

Can am in upstate ny. But ya dont go to weedsport because i cant afford the tires to use there lol.
OK then Can Am change from some years back, only reason you see that big steel drum roller being used is they can't get the track surface smooth enough to suit that it's raceable , So the Roller Smoothes it out yes but in the end it's just a Mask Because they don't realize how much of a Negative effect it has on the racing surface.

OK then Can Am change from some years back, only reason you see that big steel drum roller being used is they can't get the track surface smooth enough to suit that it's raceable , So the Roller Smoothes it out yes but in the end it's just a Mask Because they don't realize how much of a Negative effect it has on the racing surface.
Yes exactly.. anytime i ask someone how they would describe the track surface all i get in response is "its ****"..

@dirtyones11, For CanAm, high crown cuts with tons of bite wiped in them through the week. Mid-summer you can run Intermediate cuts for the feature, but still on low air and tons of bite chemical early in the week. You can wipe Black Bite 2.0 at the track - just be sure it has plenty of time to dry in the tire before going to the grid. Use Monster Bite as a PRW, but again - it MUST be dry before going on the track.
You can go softer on duro because the track will not work the tires hard like a bite-up track. That, and the track is so small that your corner entry speed doesn't work the tires near as hard.
Give us a call at the shop during business hours today or tomorrow - I can give you a bit more insight.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
35 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

The only thing that might make slight difference is , event though dry one track surface may be good bit more abrasive than the other , which for the more abrasive surface may require less wipes through the week .

Back