I like robots!!!

Bob Evans

Administrator
I've got my yard all mapped out, and my new RTK-GNSS equipped battery powered robot lawn mower is mowing my yard, and my Roomba is busy cleaning the whole downstairs, while I'm reclined in my LazyBoy watching Hulu in the air conditioning. :)

I've got my yard all mapped out, and my new RTK-GNSS equipped battery powered robot lawn mower is mowing my yard, and my Roomba is busy cleaning the whole downstairs, while I'm reclined in my LazyBoy watching Hulu in the air conditioning. :)
Would be interested to know how the lawn mower is working out (yes, I want one as well). There are several vendors for the RTKs for OE apps. Did you have to buy a base station or was it all self contained ?

I got the Luba AWD, it's all self contained in the package, which is to say that there's the charging station, the base unit which has a satellite receiver and RTK unit, and the mower, which also has a satellite receiver and RTK in it.

It's a new startup company, that's going through some growing pains, but the mower is really sweet. No boundary wires, 4 wheel drive, etc.
Documentation is really poor, and the phone app could be more user friendly

I've been running it for a week now, with 5 mows, and I'm starting to figure it out.
The lawn looks great.

We've had Roomba vacuums for years and I love them. It works out well for someone like me - with pets, they hit the high-spots. I'm hoping Bosch will one day bring their lawmowers to the States. Then I can pull more weeds :cool:

Let me know how the Luba mower works for you.

Husqvarna automowers were like $6K ea., and good for 1/2 acre lots with only slight hills. I'm waiting for something bigger for my 10.25 acres. Whats the size limit on Luba?

Husqvarna automowers were like $6K ea., and good for 1/2 acre lots with only slight hills. I'm waiting for something bigger for my 10.25 acres. Whats the size limit on Luba?
I'm thinking I read that the Luba 5000, which was 5000 sq meters (about an 1 1/4 acre) just had an update that would let you map twice as much area, or about 2 1/2 acres.

My lot is .4 acre, and I only have about 12,000 sq. ft mapped. I'm using it on the Bermuda and mowing around every two days.

We've had Roomba vacuums for years and I love them. It works out well for someone like me - with pets, they hit the high-spots. I'm hoping Bosch will one day bring their lawmowers to the States. Then I can pull more weeds :cool:

Let me know how the Luba mower works for you.
About a year ago, when we moved back into our house, we got an entry level Roomba (694, I think). The dang thing would drive me nuts bouncing around the house, but if you let it run long enough, it would get everything pretty clean.
The kicker was cleaning all the hair out of the bristle roller. I pretty much just wrote that one up to experience and bought the j7 (the one that takes pictures and will drive around dog crap).
Connie loves it (she named it Rosie, from the Jetsons), I run it about 3 times a week, it's easy to maintain, and all the rooms are mapped separately, so I can do any of the rooms or all of them.
And the vacuum cleaner just sits in the hall closet, getting cobwebs. :)

Back